8 requests in one go

• Author

MaxTesties

8 requests in one go

PostMon Jan 20, 2020 7:52 am

Hello everyone,
Here's my first contribution to this wonderfull community.

Besides the request of making it a bit more stable (16.1.2 has encountered many freezes for me :? )
Here's my notes on fixes and requests for further updates:

1-For the size of the optimized media, could the size be displayed has the export option instead of the half, quarter thing ? I'd like to be able to set all of them in 720p or 1080p. (the automatic sizing sometimes acts somewhat unregularly). You could only choose the height option for when you are using files with different aspect ratio in the same project without having scaling problems.

2-When you copy the color grade from a shot with the wheel button (which is awsome), could it copy all the grading except the stabilization ? I think it would save a lot of time instead of having to raculculate it.

3-The fixed play head is an amazing feature that is only in the fairlight and cut page, could it also be possible to enable it on the edit page ?
OR (and that would be dope !)
A new "adapting" following method where the head moves freely and when playing, when it comes close to the border of the screen, it would starts to scroll automaticaly. ALSO ! when moving the playhead with the mouse, and "pushing it" on the side, it would start to scroll the timeline without going super fast in one go like it's doing now. There could be a "zone" before the border of the timeline windows to make the speed flexible and be able to scroll faster the further we go on the side ? (Hope I made myself clear) (It would kind of act like the wheel of the Blackmagic keyboard in shuttle mode)

4-This is more a fix than a request: When using the Proxy Mode Resolution in half mode, the dynamic zoom windows gets smaller in the monitor window. Could it not do that to be able to judge the wanted reframe more easily ?

5-In the inspector tab, could it be possible to add a tick box to makes sure to not get past the borders of the media when using the position, zoom or dynamic zoom. Idealy, it would be on by default. (When using the Dynamic Zoom with an ease In ou ease Out option turned On, and you have re-adjusted the place of the starting/finishing window not exactly on the middle, the output sometimes gets out of the frame (not sure if I made myself clear)).

6-Add a keyboard shortcut to open/close the inspector would be cool.

7-There is this a thing that I think is supposed to save time but I find to do the exact opposite :lol: and would like to turn off, its the automatic jump that happens when doing something like setting the position of a title or a media. You know when you adjust the position a bit fast and it suddenly goes really far in one go ? Most of the time I find myself goning back and forth so many times...

8-For Titles, when you are looking for a font in the "Font Family" "box", could it act like the Composit Mode "box" ? It would be possible to scroll down dfferent fonts using the wheel and findinf the one that fit without having to open the menu and clic for the next font so many times ?

That's all for now,
Thanks for your feedback !
Sincerely yours, a Davinci Resolve fanatic

Jim Simon

Re: 8 requests in one go

PostMon Jan 20, 2020 4:12 pm

I find it better to post one idea per thread. Makes it easier to keep the discussion on track.
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

Mark Grgurev

PostMon Jan 20, 2020 11:21 pm

MaxTesties wrote:3-The fixed play head is an amazing feature that is only in the fairlight and cut page, could it also be possible to enable it on the edit page ?
OR (and that would be dope !)

*Suppresses rant about how the Cut page and Edit page couldn't be separate.*

waltervolpatto

• Location: 1146 North Las Palmas Ave. Hollywood, California 90038 USA

PostTue Jan 21, 2020 5:54 am

. 2-When you copy the color grade from a shot with the wheel button (which is awsome), could it copy all the grading except the stabilization ? I think it would save a lot of time instead of having to raculculate it

In the key frame editor there is a drop menu that show [all][color][sizing].
IIRC, with [all] the stabilization is copied, with [COLOR] is not.
W10-19043.1645- Supermicro MB C9X299-PGF - RAM 128GB CPU i9-10980XE 16c 4.3GHz (Oc) Water cooled
Decklink Studio 4K (12.3)
Resolve 18.5.1 / fusion studio 18
GPU 3090ti drivers 512.59 studio

MaxTesties

PostWed Jan 22, 2020 12:03 pm

waltervolpatto wrote:
. 2-When you copy the color grade from a shot with the wheel button (which is awsome), could it copy all the grading except the stabilization ? I think it would save a lot of time instead of having to raculculate it

In the key frame editor there is a drop menu that show [all][color][sizing].
IIRC, with [all] the stabilization is copied, with [COLOR] is not.

Thanks ! Didn't know that fonction existed

Return to DaVinci Resolve Feature Requests