Marker Range with Keyword in Thumbnail View

• Author

Filmond

Marker Range with Keyword in Thumbnail View

PostTue Dec 10, 2019 3:00 pm

Hi there,

I started using resolve for editing a customer project for the first time because of curiosity. So far I am quite impressed. Im used to using Keywords for material organization and as you might guess, im coming from FCPX, which I will still be using in the future, for how long we will see.

Currently im using ranged markers on source material and add keywords to those markers in order to catalogue some interviews. Im doing this most similar to how Scott explains in this video:

As Scott already mentions, when selecting a keyword in the smart bins section, it is not possible to see the ranges of those markers in thumbnail view. It would be awesome if that was possible.

Cheers!
Daniel

Filmond

Re: Marker Range with Keyword in Thumbnail View

PostThu Dec 01, 2022 1:58 pm

Congratulations to the latest 18.1 Update. The improvements are really awesome.

This Topic above has been addressed a bit and I am really impressed by the way DaVinci is going. It is almost becoming the tool of our dreams.

Following "problems" still occur for the workflow described above and I bet they will get adressed in a future update. However Im so enthusiastic about it, that I want to share this screen recording pointing to the obvious:

- Live Media Preview not working for Thumbnails of markers
- Markers cannot be selected via Keyboard from the Media Pool
- Adding Flags and Colors via the Media Pool does not modify the marker, but the whole clip
- It would be absolutely awesome if it was possible to assign colours and stuff directly from the media pool, as it is already showing namely "marker" and not "clip"
- In and Out should probably be set immediately when approaching the clip via this view

jjsereday

Re: Marker Range with Keyword in Thumbnail View

PostSun Jan 15, 2023 3:11 am

Yea it would be really awesome if Resolve added the ability to Live Preview these marker ranges as well as focusing energy on expanding their marker capabilities

Return to DaVinci Resolve Feature Requests