Decompose on retimed clip requires retime reset.

• Author

Ashley Thomas

Decompose on retimed clip requires retime reset.

PostMon Dec 16, 2019 1:44 pm

Not sure if this is the place for issues encountered. This is a minor nit for me but passing on FWIW... Decompose doesn't work on retimed clip until I reset/remove retiming from clip. DR Studio 16.1.1.005.

If I'd not discovered reset retime to fix, I'd have simply copy/pasted from original clip or some such. So again, minor nit for me.

Jason Conrad

Re: Decompose on retimed clip requires retime reset.

PostFri Jan 24, 2020 3:14 am

I ran into this last week, but just thought "decompose in place" was gone entirely. Didn't realize it had something to do with Re-timed clips. Seems like more of a bug than a missing feature, IMHO. I'm on 16.1.2.026, so it made it through the last update. My workaround requires so many keystrokes, I had to make a macro for it. Please fix, BMD.

Also, when I remove the re-timing, I get different results depending on the method I use. Remove attributes->Retime effects works in my case, and so does context menu-> change clip speed. "Reset to 100%" in the triangle re-time menu on the timeline doesn't work because it ripples the timeline. "Reset Clip" in the same triangle menu seems to move the clip IN to an arbitrary location.

So, my workaround goes like this:

1-Select clip
2-Copy clip
3-Remove attributes (with only re-time selected, no ripple)
4-Mark selection
5-Match frame
6-Overwrite
7-Decompose in place
8-paste attributes (again, re-time only)
-MacBook Pro (14,3) i7 2.9 GHz 16 GB, Intel 630, AMD 560 x1
-[DR 16.1.2

Jim Simon

Re: Decompose on retimed clip requires retime reset.

PostFri Jan 24, 2020 6:41 pm

Ashley Thomas wrote:Not sure if this is the place for issues encountered.

Not really. The normal forum is the better place for that.

viewforum.php?f=21

This section is where we propose solutions for issues encountered, once it's determined that the issue is indeed the result of a missing feature and not a bug with the software or operator error.

Return to DaVinci Resolve Feature Requests