Plz fix the "X" on clip re-time

• Author

Jason Conrad

Plz fix the "X" on clip re-time

PostSat Feb 01, 2020 6:00 pm

When I go to drag the left hand side of a clip to change the speed of a clip using the retime controls, 9 times out of 10, I click, and nothing happens, then I release the mouse, then the retime bar closes, and I slap myself in the forehead.

The problem is that the close "X" is too near, or too large to the area you drag to change the rate on the left hand side of the clip. Can we maybe move the "X" to the right a little? Or make it smaller? Or give some kind of visual indication that clicking where you're about to click will close the interface rather than interact with it? The double arrow cursor which indicates the user is about to initiate a rate change operation should at least change back to a normal mouse cursor when you're hovering in the "close interface" area. Alternatively/additionally, maybe highlight the "X" when it's the click target? Pretty please? My forehead would greatly appreciate it.

Love you, BMD.
-J.
-MacBook Pro (14,3) i7 2.9 GHz 16 GB, Intel 630, AMD 560 x1
-[DR 17.0 Beta9]

Jim Simon

Re: Plz fix the "X" on clip re-time

PostSun Feb 02, 2020 11:10 pm

I don't find this problematic. Especially since dragging from the right of the clip is far more common.
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

Jason Conrad

Re: Plz fix the "X" on clip re-time

PostMon Feb 03, 2020 2:49 am

Jim Simon wrote:I don't find this problematic. Especially since dragging from the right of the clip is far more common.

Should've mentioned that I've watched my students do it a lot, too. It's really only a minor annoyance to me, but watching a very talented Premiere editor trip up on it repeatedly is what finally motivated me to bring it up here.
-MacBook Pro (14,3) i7 2.9 GHz 16 GB, Intel 630, AMD 560 x1
-[DR 17.0 Beta9]

Return to DaVinci Resolve Feature Requests