More/Better Snapping

• Author

Nathan Shirley

More/Better Snapping

PostSat Feb 01, 2020 9:57 pm

It would be so nice if fade handles could be set to snap to the playhead (for both audio and video tracks). In this way you could quickly position the playhead where you want a fade to end/begin, then drag the fade handle over and have it snap in place. Otherwise, if you want a precise fade time, you have to zoom way in, adjust it carefully, then zoom way out again. Or perhaps I'm missing a setting somewhere?

Vegas has this feature, and in general the snapping in Vegas is much more powerful and useful in a variety of situations... perhaps Resolve could take a look...

Jim Simon

Re: More/Better Snapping

PostSun Feb 02, 2020 11:08 pm

This would be useful. (As long as the snap would also be disengaged via the normal methods.)
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

virgo47

Re: More/Better Snapping

PostFri Jun 19, 2020 3:14 pm

I was googling the snapping of fade in/out and found this thread (and also this one from 2018). I am trying to switch from Vegas Movie Studio, too. It seems this kind of snapping is not possible yet in Resolve 16.2.2. More snapping options would definitely be handy. With that existing super-fast N-key toggle I'd not mind if they just added this more kinds of snapping even without adding any customization/configuration.

Return to DaVinci Resolve Feature Requests