VST on Linux. When?

• Author

Stephen Dixon

VST on Linux. When?

PostWed Feb 28, 2024 3:54 am

Is there a roadmap for enabling VST plugins on Linux? This is a glaring omission in the support for Resolve on the OS. I mean, Fairlight is not the world's greatest DAW at the best of times, but without VST it's really not adequate for professional work.

Stephen Dixon

Re: VST on Linux. When?

PostThu Feb 29, 2024 9:50 am

Thanks for that timely reply Blackmagic, it really shows that you have your customers' interests front and center.

Andy Mees

PostThu Feb 29, 2024 12:07 pm

Stephen Dixon wrote:Is there a roadmap for...
Welcome to Blackmagic's community forums, Stephen.
You might want to note that whist BMD maintain an active (and much valued) presence here, and whilst they clearly welcome feature requests, they don't tend to use these forums to discuss future development plans.
Cheers
Andy

Jim Simon

PostSun Mar 03, 2024 4:28 pm

Stephen Dixon wrote:without VST it's really not adequate for professional work.
I would rather see those things built-in, no plug-ins necessary.
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

Stephen Dixon

PostSun Mar 03, 2024 9:53 pm

I would rather see the option for users to have access to the vast array of VST plugins that already exist. Go to somewhere like this page https://www.pluginboutique.com/search?q ... compressor just to see the available compressor plugins, for example (keep scrolling, keep scrolling). There are literally hundreds of them, all with different strengths, ranging from free to costing several hundred dollars. I don't think BMD are going to give us that kind of depth of choice in built-in plugins.

Arian Wichmann

PostSun Mar 10, 2024 9:32 am

I switched to Linux recently (or am trying to) and found this a weird omission too. Especially since there is a possibility to set paths for VSTs in the options of Resolve and there is default path for this as well. So, what's up with that?

The lack of access to vsts will mean that I have to roundtrip to reaper which I would like to avoid for the trivial stuff because that just makes my work much slower.

So please please enable support for this.

stathis

PostTue Apr 30, 2024 1:04 pm

Has anyone any idea if there has ever been a reponse from BMD about why VSTs aren't supported or at the very least, when we could expect them to be?

Return to DaVinci Resolve Feature Requests