Fixed Playhead in the edit page jumps to the end

DaVinci Resolve 19 Public Beta Discussion
  • Author

Eugene Afanasiev

Fixed Playhead in the edit page jumps to the end

PostSun May 12, 2024 5:38 pm

When the Fixed Playhead option is enabled in the Edit Page the playhead jumps to the end of the Timeline after returning from the Compound Clip or Fusion Clip been "Opened in Timeline" -- must stay on that clip instead
__
--[[BMD's cameras and Resolve all-post workflow evangelist
My old stuff: http://www.youtube.com/rebelorelse
Debug: Asus ROG Duo GX550 i9 10980 48Gb RAM RTX2080MaxQ DaVinci Resolve Studio / Fusion Studio Latest Version]]--

Johnny Lo

Blackmagic Design

Re: Fixed Playhead in the edit page jumps to the end

PostMon May 13, 2024 4:05 am

Hi Eugene,

Unfortunately, we're unable to reproduce the issue based on your description alone.

Would it be possible for you to send us a short video demonstrating the problem you're encountering? This would greatly help us understand the issue and provide you with a solution.

Thanks.
Johnny Lo
DaVinci Resolve Software Development
Blackmagic Design

Trevor Asquerthian

PostMon May 13, 2024 6:30 am

Johnny Lo wrote:Hi Eugene,

Unfortunately, we're unable to reproduce the issue based on your description alone.

Would it be possible for you to send us a short video demonstrating the problem you're encountering? This would greatly help us understand the issue and provide you with a solution.

Thanks.

This sounds similar to behaviour reported for beta1 and fixed in beta2 - viewtopic.php?f=38&t=200619

Johnny Lo

Blackmagic Design

PostTue May 14, 2024 3:16 am

We can see the issue when switching between pages, but not the problem Eugene described after returning from a Compound Clip or Fusion Clip that was "Opened in Timeline."
Johnny Lo
DaVinci Resolve Software Development
Blackmagic Design

Eugene Afanasiev

PostTue May 14, 2024 5:17 pm

Johnny Lo wrote:Hi Eugene,

Thanks.

Hey, Johnny!
Thanks for the quick head-up, here is the video showing off what I meant
__
Debug: Asus ROG Duo GX550 i9 10980 48Gb RAM RTX2080MaxQ DaVinci Resolve Studio / Fusion Studio Latest Version]]--

Eugene Afanasiev

PostTue May 14, 2024 5:30 pm

I see the UX should go like this,
there could be even two approaches
1) is the most obvious: you enter a compound or a fusion compound clip, make some changes go back to the main timeline and it returns you to the exact timecode while you were entering there so the playhead is sitting on that timeframe on that clip and the clip is centered even vertically

2) You enter the compound or fusion clip, you scrub around, make changes etc and when returning back to the main timeline it sticks to referenced time if you'd moved the playhead inside and so it offsets on the main timeline as is in the compound one to stay in sync and vertically it also could be centered despite that the playhead has moved sideways.

And for both cases the compound should be selected -- it also could be a quick workaround from this -- the user could hit the hotkey to go to the start of the selected clip at least...
__

Peter Cave

PostWed May 15, 2024 12:22 pm

The issue you describe is not normal Resolve behaviour.
On my system the main timeline playhead position remains unchanged when moving in and out of a compound clip. The playhead positions of the timeline & Fusion are independent of each other and the playhead never moves to the end of the main timeline when exiting Fusion.
I think there is an issue with your setup. Posting a drp of the project may assist.
Resolve 19.0 b2 Mac OSX 14.4.1 Sonoma
Mac Studio Max 32GB

Steve Alexander

PostWed May 15, 2024 1:00 pm

Gave this a try - not seeing this, either (Studio 19b2, Sonoma 14.4.1)
aka Barkinmadd
Resolve Studio 19.0b2 | Fusion Studio 19.0b2 | Win 11 Pro (22H2) | i9-7940x, P4000 (536.96, 8GB VRAM), 64GB RAM, M.2 boot, SSD scratch, RAID10 data | (laptop) 16" MacBook Pro M1 MAX, 32 GPU cores, 64 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD, Sonoma 14.4.1

Return to DaVinci Resolve 19 Public Beta