Running ATEM Macro via hotkey, foot-pedal transitions

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

redrob

Running ATEM Macro via hotkey, foot-pedal transitions

PostMon Apr 24, 2017 5:09 am

Since BMD introduced macros into the ATEM software control panel, I had hoped they'd:
a) add a way to fire off a macro using hotkeys
b) make the macro window docable or on a tab on the right-side

From what I can tell, neither of those have happened (I'm using ATEM 1M/E still so maybe it's just feature-limited, similar to how I can't see the audio level overlay :( ? )

QUESTION: Am I missing something? How are people effectively using the macros without being able to quickly and easily get to and run them?

e.g. I want to use a USB foot pedal (which has 3 triggers) to be able to either open a key'd PIP in the upper-left, or open a key'd PIP in the upper-right. (two different pedals) If I could map each to a keystroke which fires a different macro, then I could have it select the appropriate key and execute the cross-fade/transition.

Thoughts?

Tom_Bassford

Re: Running ATEM Macro via hotkey, foot-pedal transitions

PostMon Apr 24, 2017 6:42 am

Use JustMacros.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
http://www.atemuser.com
if it was easy it wouldn't be called engineering

JohnBengston

PostMon Apr 24, 2017 8:45 pm

Tom_Bassford wrote:Use JustMacros.

+1 and thanks Tom for the plug

I'm working away from base until Thursday, but will make a video on Thursday of the excellent PI Engineering XKeys foot pedals being used to drive the ATEM, whilst I play Candy Crush with my hands on my phone, hands free mixing, gotta love it!!

Pavel Lavrov

PostMon Apr 24, 2017 11:37 pm

JohnBengston wrote:
Tom_Bassford wrote:Use JustMacros.

+1 and thanks Tom for the plug

I'm working away from base until Thursday, but will make a video on Thursday of the excellent PI Engineering XKeys foot pedals being used to drive the ATEM, whilst I play Candy Crush with my hands on my phone, hands free mixing, gotta love it!!

Any chance it will be running on Raspberry Pi?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Pavel L

JohnBengston

PostWed Apr 26, 2017 11:12 pm

Pavel Lavrov wrote:Any chance it will be running on Raspberry Pi?

Yeap, working on it, I thought and hoped I'd have it for NAB for PI Engineering to show, and in fact they just today delivered me one of their Back-Boxes for XK128 or XK124+T-Bar, such that you can install a controller board and essentially "hide the computer in the panel". The hope at BVE in February was to have it running on a PI Compute module or a Full PI, but installed and hidden away inside the XKeys Panel.

As mentioned on another topic, UK General election has thrown my plans off, but in reality I would be behind with this anyway.

I'm going to double down on JM and have a crazy sprint starting on June 9th, and of course because I must switch to UDP commands for using ARM based CPUs or Linux in general, it relates to my response which you quoted (and edited) my comments about Mocking. The only way to Mock the ATEM is implementing the UDP, the two projects are in effect; one project that been going on a long time. Yes I know it must seem like the X-Platform JM is vaporware as I've been talking about it for so many years, and essentially it is, but it has been "in development" for all that time, it's just been a low priority thing I rarely get time to work on. It will eventually happen. It is now high priority, except for normal daily work, and a UK general election show for big broadcaster.
Last edited by JohnBengston on Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tom_Bassford

PostWed Apr 26, 2017 11:15 pm

Can i control a swingometer from JustMacros?
http://www.atemuser.com
if it was easy it wouldn't be called engineering

JohnBengston

PostWed Apr 26, 2017 11:18 pm

Tom_Bassford wrote:Can i control a swingometer from JustMacros?

Of Course!!! ;)

Return to Live Production