Camera Selection based on Audio input

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

James Thomas

Camera Selection based on Audio input

PostFri May 26, 2017 4:26 am

I use the ATEM switcher alone many times to do simple streams to places like Youtube and Facebook. Sometimes doing interviews and switching input sources can get crazy. Most of the switching I do are direct cuts to sources that are mostly talking heads. I wish I could contact the Black Magic team to ask them would it be possible to add a feature in the ATEM control software that would allow the switching of sources from the input level of their audio input. Much like a VOX function that switches a tape recorder to record mode. When one sources audio input level rises their video input would be switched to Program View. Is there a script that could do this.

Thanks,
Take care,
James

Pavel Lavrov

Re: Camera Selection based on Audio input

PostFri May 26, 2017 4:54 am

James Thomas wrote:I use the ATEM switcher alone many times to do simple streams to places like Youtube and Facebook. Sometimes doing interviews and switching input sources can get crazy. Most of the switching I do are direct cuts to sources that are mostly talking heads. I wish I could contact the Black Magic team to ask them would it be possible to add a feature in the ATEM control software that would allow the switching of sources from the input level of their audio input. Much like a VOX function that switches a tape recorder to record mode. When one sources audio input level rises their video input would be switched to Program View. Is there a script that could do this.

Thanks,

We do something similar with JustMacros. Works really well, I'm able to detect audio level and do what ever I want, with my own delay and smart logic. It does require a bit of learning how to script but it's well worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Pavel L

John Saunders

Re: Camera Selection based on Audio input

PostMon May 29, 2017 1:58 pm

You could also look into something like a Shure SCM810 auto mixer which has gpos for when a mic is on. Then you could wire that to the gpis of the tally box which I think and be set to trigger switcher selections.

Just a thought.
John Saunders

Return to Live Production