No audio on FB live

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Jorge Cardenas

No audio on FB live

PostFri May 26, 2017 5:46 am

Guys, here is our workflow

ATEM studio HD
Audio comes through a Art MX821 mixer into the ATEM
Out through the SDI from the ATEM to an Ultrastudio into the imac
Broadcasting to FB live through Wirecast.

Cant seem to push audio through....

Any thoughts?

JC

BenWorkman

Re: No audio on FB live

PostFri May 26, 2017 7:33 am

Sorry- where is the audio dropping? Do you have visible levels in wirecast but no audio on FB live? Or nothing in wirecast? Or have you checked the audio in atem control software and there is nothing there?

Lot of places for the signal to drop- ultrastudio has 3 audio inputs, could be the wrong one selected. Right click on the live "tile" in wirecast and make sure "audio source" is the ultrastudio, and make sure it is checked. After that you do need to hit "enter" again to make sure it's live with new source.

Sorry for the run-ons, it's a bit late and I only have my phone. Work a little harder tracking down where in the chain your audio cuts out. Could even be the outputs or aux buses on the board not routing correctly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jorge Cardenas

PostSat May 27, 2017 8:42 am

We have visible audio levels across the board, from the ATEM to the Software control to Wirecast...but we can't seem to push it though. I will try your suggestions and get back to you :)

BenWorkman wrote:Sorry- where is the audio dropping? Do you have visible levels in wirecast but no audio on FB live? Or nothing in wirecast? Or have you checked the audio in atem control software and there is nothing there?

Lot of places for the signal to drop- ultrastudio has 3 audio inputs, could be the wrong one selected. Right click on the live "tile" in wirecast and make sure "audio source" is the ultrastudio, and make sure it is checked. After that you do need to hit "enter" again to make sure it's live with new source.

Sorry for the run-ons, it's a bit late and I only have my phone. Work a little harder tracking down where in the chain your audio cuts out. Could even be the outputs or aux buses on the board not routing correctly.

Phil Hadfield

PostSat May 27, 2017 1:40 pm

Try with obs

BenWorkman

PostSat May 27, 2017 5:10 pm

Jorge Cardenas wrote:We have visible audio levels across the board, from the ATEM to the Software control to Wirecast...but we can't seem to push it though. I will try your suggestions and get back to you :)

Great-- if you have it in the output monitor of wirecast (preview audio levels are on the left, output monitors on the right), then there's nothing wrong with your chain, it's in the output settings. Are you going to FB live through RTMP or the Wirecast FB preset?

Also, just to make sure-- when you're testing your stream, are you using an iPhone? Sometimes the physical "mute" switch on a phone can cause web videos audio to not play (it's hit or miss). If you're using a computer, you may need to click the audio button on the player, FB Live videos will often start muted on desktops.

Could you post a link to one of your videos?

Jorge Cardenas

PostWed May 31, 2017 2:08 am

Ben,

Here is an update and answers to your questions:

1. We are going out throught the Wirecast FB presets.
2. We tested a stream with the "DEMO" version of Wirecast, the prerecorded "This is a demonstration of Wirecast" comes through on the broadcast, but no audio from the mics.
3. We monitor on laptops and phones, all is straight in that regard.

JC

BenWorkman wrote:
Jorge Cardenas wrote:We have visible audio levels across the board, from the ATEM to the Software control to Wirecast...but we can't seem to push it though. I will try your suggestions and get back to you :)

Great-- if you have it in the output monitor of wirecast (preview audio levels are on the left, output monitors on the right), then there's nothing wrong with your chain, it's in the output settings. Are you going to FB live through RTMP or the Wirecast FB preset?

Also, just to make sure-- when you're testing your stream, are you using an iPhone? Sometimes the physical "mute" switch on a phone can cause web videos audio to not play (it's hit or miss). If you're using a computer, you may need to click the audio button on the player, FB Live videos will often start muted on desktops.

Jorge Cardenas

PostWed May 31, 2017 4:19 am

I sould also add that we are unable to push audio out of the ATEM TV STUDIO HD (XLR input), but when we broadcast throught the Webpresenter to Wirecast to FB live using the XLR input, we do get audio.

BenWorkman wrote:

Return to Live Production