Hyperdeck Studio Mini as a simple replay device

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Khairul Alang

Hyperdeck Studio Mini as a simple replay device

PostMon May 29, 2017 2:56 am

Will be live broadcasting a live motorsports event in August where the judges require replays of the last 30-60 secs of the program output. Was initially thinking of using my atomos ninja 2 to record every run individually, stop recording & feed the playback to an HDMI channel on my TVS HD. I noted the time it took from stop record to start playback (5-7secs) which is quite ok. Just wondering if anybody used this method before? Any reliability issues?

Also considering the new hyperdeck studio mini for replays, is there any slomo playback eg 1/4 or 1/2?

Xtreemtec

Re: Hyperdeck Studio Mini as a simple replay device

PostMon May 29, 2017 6:43 am

Search this forum for hyperslomo
It is software based to do this for you. Based on a few hyperdecks it Will stop Recording en playback from a certain point back in time. It would Be perfect for you.
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Valentin Cuellar

PostSat Nov 25, 2017 8:56 pm

I'm also interested in this as a solution but can't find reference to hyperslomo anywhere.

Saskia-Anett Ebelt

PostSat Dec 23, 2017 6:25 pm

The name is HyperSlow and you can find it in the AppStore. The release is out now and supports the fully automated control of up to 4 HyperDecks and the ATEM switcher too.

Best regards, Anett
Blackmagic Atem 1M/E, ATEM Mini/Pro/ISO, 4x Hyperdeck, SmartScope, Videohub, Decklink Extreme, Micro Studio Camera,

Return to Live Production