ATEM and X-Keys

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Reginald Richardson

ATEM and X-Keys

PostSat Nov 18, 2017 6:17 pm

ATEM and X-Keys 80
Can anyone advise me of how to get x-keys working on MAC or Windows, without Just Macros.....?
So far i see that that this is what much people using, but it's to much of a learning curve for me, and i really want to use the xkeys 80.

I saw that the Korg Nano Controllers, works ok on MAC, with two nice little apps, which i can make use of the Xkeys in this manner, as Just Macros looks just to complicated for my brains.
VidMedia Solutions
ATEM-TVS | ATEM 1 M/E | BMD Mini-Recorder | BMD Smart Duo | BMD Decklink Mini Recorder | BMD MicroConv SDI to HDMI

Asgeir Hustad

Re: ATEM and X-Keys

PostSat Nov 18, 2017 10:41 pm

Well, without Just Macros, you need some other way to interface the physical keys to functions in the software. There are some solutions out there, but none I know of are any less complicated than getting Just Macros and a standard layout (ie no scripting, just a control panel setup).

My two cents: Hire a consultant to spend two hours setting it up - well worth the money in my eyes. Just Macros does run fine in Parallels on a Mac.

Chris Phillips

Re: ATEM and X-Keys

PostThu Nov 23, 2017 4:18 am

Asgeir Hustad wrote:Well, without Just Macros, you need some other way to interface the physical keys to functions in the software. There are some solutions out there, but none I know of are any less complicated than getting Just Macros and a standard layout (ie no scripting, just a control panel setup).

My two cents: Hire a consultant to spend two hours setting it up - well worth the money in my eyes. Just Macros does run fine in Parallels on a Mac.
You could try using controllermate here by orderedbytes, i use this software to use any peripheral (via Bluetooth, USB, infrared etc...) that's connected to my computer to custom control any software.

It's GUI for customizing inputs for controlling is very logical and user friendly, particularly for custom/macro button keyboards (like x-keys controllers).

I use this to custom my shuttle pro v2 controller to work in different software, as i find its host configuration software not as good.

https://www.orderedbytes.com/controllermate/

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Return to Live Production