Share video device (Intensity Shuttle)

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Luis Ambiser

Share video device (Intensity Shuttle)

PostThu Nov 23, 2017 10:23 am

Hi.

I am using a BMD Intensity Shuttle on a Mac. I need to access my video source from two applications at the same time, for instance Wirecast and Quicktime Player. This can be done using devices from other manufacturers. However, the Shuttle driver seems not to allow device sharing, so I can only use it in one application at a time.

Is there any configuration option, driver update or any way to work around this issue?

Regards,

Luis

Luis Ambiser

Re: Share video device (Intensity Shuttle)

PostFri Jan 12, 2018 7:14 pm

Friendly bump.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to route a BM Intensity Shuttle video stream to two different applications?

Thanks in advance.

Fred Rodrigues

PostFri Jan 12, 2018 9:42 pm

Depending on the software you could use this

http://vdmx.vidvox.net/blog/black-syphon

It will take the input and make it available to as a shared texture via the syhon framework.

Similarly you could use this

http://www.sienna-tv.com/ndi/ndi-source.html

NDI instead. Again, it depends what applications you want to send to, or maybe there is are applications that do work with these protocols that will do what you need. Wirecasts latest version will accept NDI, not sure what you want to do with quicktime there...
http://www.fredrodrigues.net/

Xtreemtec

PostSat Jan 13, 2018 10:39 am

Once you use a Input or Output of BMD capture / playback it will be Busy and not available to another application.

So you need to have 1 piece of software to do both. Or add another device to do this.

Or do software sollutions like Fred suggested.. But the change having more delay and pulling a lot of PC resources can be a factor of instability. ;)
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Luis Ambiser

PostWed Jan 17, 2018 10:44 am

Thanks a lot for the answers, and sorry for not replying earlier. I expected email alerts, which probably I should configure explicitly, and the original post went unanswered for weeks.

I used Quicktime only as an example of a second video application readily available in OSX, nothing more.

Other capture devices allow simultaneous access at the driver level, so I wondered if it was something that could be enabled somehow in a Shuttle.

I'll look into the software sharing solutions mentioned, thanks again!

rogersuski

PostWed Jan 17, 2018 10:30 pm

ManyCam exists for exactly this purpose.

Return to Live Production