ATEM TV - Pass-Through SDI's?

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Mike Verta

ATEM TV - Pass-Through SDI's?

PostMon Feb 19, 2018 8:13 pm

Do/can the SDI inputs pass-through their signals to their corresponding SDI outputs?

I have three cameras to switch live. But I'd also like their individual, untouched signals to feed my Shogun multi-channel recorder. So I'd use the switcher's main output to drive a livestream, but have the individual, untouched streams recorded for editing after the fact. Is this possible?

Thanks,

_Mike

Jack Fairley

Re: ATEM TV - Pass-Through SDI's?

PostMon Feb 19, 2018 8:40 pm

You can send an input back out over the aux outputs, but the TVS HD only has one aux out. The rest of them are program out only.
Ryzen 5800X3D
32GB DDR4-3600
RTX 3090
DeckLink 4K Extreme 12G
Resolve Studio 17.4.1
Windows 11 Pro 21H2

MambaFiber.com

PostMon Feb 19, 2018 9:16 pm

THIS is why we always recommend using a Videohub with the ATEM. All inputs connect first to the videohub, along with the PGM and AUX outputs of the switcher. Select your sources on videohub outputs to feed the ATEM inputs, and then select same sources on different videohub outputs for your recording devices. Not only extremely flexible as your needs change, but it cuts down on cable repatching as you can just reselect the videohub outputs to be whatever source you need.
Greg Bellotte - owner
MambaFiber.com
FaceBook.com/MambaFiber

Jack Fairley

PostTue Feb 20, 2018 2:59 am

MambaFiber.com wrote:THIS is why we always recommend using a Videohub with the ATEM. All inputs connect first to the videohub, along with the PGM and AUX outputs of the switcher. Select your sources on videohub outputs to feed the ATEM inputs, and then select same sources on different videohub outputs for your recording devices. Not only extremely flexible as your needs change, but it cuts down on cable repatching as you can just reselect the videohub outputs to be whatever source you need.

There is certainly no substitution for having all of your inputs and outputs on the router. Even better if you add a BNC patch panel for all your external connections, you will have a much tidier rack.
Ryzen 5800X3D
32GB DDR4-3600
RTX 3090
DeckLink 4K Extreme 12G
Resolve Studio 17.4.1
Windows 11 Pro 21H2

Return to Live Production