Hyperdeck Studio - Switch Active SSD?

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Mike Verta

Hyperdeck Studio - Switch Active SSD?

PostSun Feb 25, 2018 5:32 am

I've read the "manual" and can't find the process for selecting what the active SSD is for playback and recording. I apologize because this is obviously a basic function and I feel stupid even asking, but so far I've had to actually pull a drive out of the bay to force it to switch.

Thanks,

_Mike

Xtreemtec

Re: Hyperdeck Studio - Switch Active SSD?

PostSun Feb 25, 2018 11:36 am

Just hold the record button until it switches over. (At least that is what i remember. Cant test it at the moment. )
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

stephyuji

PostSun Feb 25, 2018 4:29 pm

Yes both these methods work but it's a bit of a pain. For example, if you are sync recording multiple hyperdecks using Jeff Amato's hyperdeck panel software, it is good to know which SSD you're recording to. Press/holding on record button does switch over the drive but it starts the recording process and throws the drives out of sync (the feature is designed to swap drives during recording). So we personally have to pull out the drives as the OP stated to get the right drives to record in sync. If there is another way of switching over the drives we would love to know too!

pinchpoint

PostFri Mar 16, 2018 10:33 am

Just acquired a mini and an SSD model and agree, this seems like a basic function. I was beginning to think that it's primary slot is the one it first detects when powered on and can't switch unless it's recording. If that's the case, it's not convenient. Hope there's a better answer.

Return to Live Production