ATEM Television Studio Pro HD Multi PiP?

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

jaredhoy

ATEM Television Studio Pro HD Multi PiP?

PostSat May 26, 2018 5:58 pm

We're upgrading our studio's setup. Until now we've only had 2 camera inputs and have been able to use XSplit/OBS to fit our needs - but we're looking at upgrading to potentially 7 camera inputs and 2 external video feeds. My question how many inputs can the ATEM Television Studio Pro HD PiP at one time? We're looking at the ATEM Television Studio Pro HD because a few sources are HDMI and I'd rather avoid HDMI->SDI converters for now.

Andrew Martin

Re: ATEM Television Studio Pro HD Multi PiP?

PostSun May 27, 2018 10:30 am

One.

If you need more you'll need to step up to an atem 2ME or an atem Broadcast studio.

Or get creative with an external multi view device such as a demon quad, demon 6s etc.

A.

jaredhoy

PostSun May 27, 2018 9:13 pm

thanks!
I think for now we're going to go Quad 2 Decklink and do it that way and see what happens.

Ryan Boni

PostWed May 30, 2018 2:10 am

You may find in the long run, it will be better to go to the ATEM 2 M/E, especially if you're looking at 9 inputs. The 2 M/E still has 1 input that's switchable to HDMI, plus it's got the Super Source feature, which can give you 4 inputs as PiP at the same time.
Public Access Director, Peters Twp Comm TV
Freelance TV Broadcast Camera Op (sometimes Dir, TD, EIC, Video)

ATEM M/E 1, 2 & TVS, Studio & Broadcast Cam, Smartscope/view, Cam Conv, Studio Conv, Talkback Conv, Hyperdecks, Videohub 40x40 & MC

Return to Live Production