ATEM/HyperDeck Feature Request

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

acrice79

ATEM/HyperDeck Feature Request

PostMon Jan 21, 2019 5:54 pm

I just finished our first remote recording session with our new HyperDeck PRO recorders, and while overall they are very nice, there are a couple of HUGE drawbacks that I hope can be resolved via software updates. We use these in our production trailer, and record multiple episodes of a 5-segment show on location on a weekend.

It would be extremely useful to add Clip Naming to the HyperDeck integration panel of the ATEM software. Having a bunch of clips called "CaptureXXXX" is not helpful, and having to disconnect the switcher from the network to use a 3rd party software to set a clip name and start a recording is a huge inconvenience. One of the biggest reasons we purchased the HyperDeck recorders is for the ease of integration with ATEM, and this is a big drawback.

There should also be an option for the ATEM to talk to the HD on a separate port, so that custom software can work with it on port 9993 while it remains connected to the switcher via a different port.

I would also like to see an update to the HyperDeck that would allow a semi-permanent clip name to be set that will be used any time a recording is started, instead of having to set it for each clip via telnet commands (ie Episode01_0000, Episode01_0001 etc.).

Finally, it would also be extremely useful for FTP functionality to be added, where a remote editor can send a clip to the HD for playback during a show via network connection.

Thank you for your consideration!

Andrew Martin

Re: ATEM/HyperDeck Feature Request

PostMon Jan 21, 2019 9:59 pm

Users have been asking for the ability to add clip naming for a very loooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnngggggggggggg time.

From my mobile using Tapatalk

Xtreemtec

Re: ATEM/HyperDeck Feature Request

PostTue Jan 22, 2019 2:18 pm

FTP will only work for the Hyperdeck mini. And maybe newer units that will come in the future.
But the older 19" hyperdecks will never support this due too the fact the hardware is not capable of doing this. So don't hold your breath on this one. ;)

Clip names is a request done by many.. But still after 5 years of Hyperdecks.. There seems no breaktrough in filenames.. :?
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Return to Live Production