HELP - ATEM tv studio hd won’t start up after powering on

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

nlalaian

HELP - ATEM tv studio hd won’t start up after powering on

PostWed May 22, 2019 3:41 am

I am an admin at a small church. We acquired an ATEM Television Studio HD for our online broadcasts two years ago and it’s been wonderful. But this week I tried updating our software to 8.0 and now, our device won’t power on, sort of. Normally we turn the device on, it gives that little gust of air from the vent and then proceeds to power on. But now it just blows air continually and doesn’t continue powering on - none of the buttons light up nor does the screen turn on, just the air blowing from the vent nonstop. Our computer that we use with the ATEM software recognizes the device, but it asks to update the device and when I try it says that it’s unable to update. Help! We cannot afford another ATEM device at this time and it’s needed urgently for services, so it’d be great if we can get this fixed without having to send it in for repairs. Has someone else encountered this odd problem before? Thanks in advance!

Ian Morrish

Re: HELP - ATEM tv studio hd won’t start up after powering o

PostThu May 23, 2019 3:50 am

Have you connected a USB cable between the ATEM and PC or is that updating error happening with just the network cable connected.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Regards,
Ian Morrish
Video Integrated Scripting Environment
(Windows PowerShell with ATEM driver + more)
https://ianmorrish.wordpress.com

nlalaian

PostThu May 23, 2019 6:18 am

I have it connected via usb and Ethernet. Using a PC, not a Mac.

Xtreemtec

PostThu May 23, 2019 7:51 pm

It hangs in some kind of boot loop. Contact BMD regional support!! They will go with you over a few things. And if they can not recover it you have to send it in for a reflash of the firmware.
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Return to Live Production