product request

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Brian Hancock

product request

PostTue Jul 16, 2013 1:12 pm

hey bmd,

I know no one can comment on new products but i think a great addition to your smart scope and smart view lineup would be a field monitor ... perhaps a single duo screen size, it would be great to have the scope hardware built in also.

don't worry about powering just leave a space for a/b, v lock, plate on the back we'll all supply our own batteries.

i think sdi in would be sufficient but if you wanted to include hdmi even better

screw mount to add to cameras.

Quinn Quality

Re: product request

PostTue Jul 16, 2013 8:53 pm

+1
Qmedia.nu
Lijnbaan 16
1969 NE Heemskerk
The Netherlands

Tobias Dieterich

PostWed Jul 17, 2013 7:48 am

+1
Tobias Dieterich | T.D. Video Engineering | www.tdvideo.de

video and embedded software engineer
ready for SMPTE ST 2110

SoundFX

PostWed Jul 17, 2013 3:45 pm

+1

Jeff Lemyre

PostThu Jul 18, 2013 7:31 am

+1
J-F Lemyre
JD Productions Trois-Rivières
jdproductions.tv

Richard Courtney

PostThu Jul 18, 2013 4:46 pm

+1
V-mount battery or at least Sony Consumer battery mount.

Brian Hancock

PostThu Jul 18, 2013 5:39 pm

sorry rcourtney but i vote no for sony consumer bat. i know lots of people have them but the industry standard is def anton bauer / vlock i know they are more expensive and it would probably mean less pro-sumer sales but lets not kid most people who are using a scope have access to pro batteries

if they make something like this maybe best they just leave us a place to mount our own battery plate and just give us a p-tap to power off camera if thats the need ...

we have harris sd and hd star and i hate having to charge them up or flop out 8 double a's every time but this would all but replace both for 1/4 the cost with no real technology development at all ... its already there

which makes me think could they have it generate color bars like atem, or other test pattern ??

i think many would gladly pay somewhere in the 7-1000 dollar range if it had all these bells and whistles perhaps i'm asking too much ??

DWTV

PostSat Mar 15, 2014 8:25 pm

I would love to see a portable monitor, but MORE importantly - it would be great to ADD more CONTROL to the existing Smart View systems.

I really need to be able to zoom into the waveform and vectorscope (like on a pro standalone unit) to see details of the image (especially when matching live-switch camera colors)

It would also be great to be able to adjust individual R/G/B brights & blacks on the 17" like a pro monitor (not just brightness/contrast/sat)

Scott Smith

PostSat Mar 15, 2014 9:41 pm

A couple of buttons would be fantastic. If only one single button that would step through the possible display options (Waveform, Vector, Picture).

And I also vote two thumbs up for a portable monitor. To appease pros and non-pros alike, a 12VDC 4-pin xlr would be great. Then Anton Bauers would do it, any many other options as well. Heck, a car battery could do it over a 12VDC connector on a 4-pin XLR.
Scott R Smith
BMD Stuff I use: ATEM 2-M/E, 4 x ATEM PS 4K, Broadcast Videohub, 6 Hyperdeck Pros, 4 Hyperdeck Shuttles, Multidock, Smartscope Duo, Smartview, Intensity Extreme, Decklink Studio, and lots of Miniconverters and Open Gear Converters.

MambaFiber.com

PostSun Mar 16, 2014 3:38 am

another vote for a field monitor. but if it generates color bars then it must also generate audio tone as well!
Greg Bellotte - owner
MambaFiber.com
FaceBook.com/MambaFiber

Return to Live Production