pro presenter and ultrastudio 4k

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

hcschroeder

pro presenter and ultrastudio 4k

PostSun Oct 27, 2019 4:41 pm

We have a mac with Pro Preseneter 6 on it.The Mac has a thunderbolt. It is supposed to work with an Ultrastudio 4k. I need to understand how these 2 pieces of equipment work together.
The Pro Presenter has an sdi/hd module. This does not mean it has a physical BNC output.
I have configured the Ultra to output 720p. When I put an analog, sd, hdmi, or hd, signal into the ultra, I do not see anything on small display on front panel. plus I do not get anything out of any of the outputs.
Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanx

Frank Engel

Re: pro presenter and ultrastudio 4k

PostTue Oct 29, 2019 12:33 pm

It might help people to find answers for you if you could give a better description of what you are trying to accomplish with them.

The ProPresenter SDI module for example based on the info on the web site only provides output via SDI and not input, so I'm not sure why you would be connecting outside sources unless just to test the unit...

Did you follow the set up instructions from Renewed Vision?

https://support.renewedvision.com/hc/en ... resenter-5

hcschroeder

PostWed Nov 06, 2019 4:05 pm

Thanks for the link.
I was not using Propresenter correctly. I finally got it to take a graphic and put out a key. Although I then tried to play a Video with sound. I could see the video and key, but no sound. I had the Ultrastudio's analog key pressed for sound. Maybe a setting I missed.

Frank Engel wrote:It might help people to find answers for you if you could give a better description of what you are trying to accomplish with them.

The ProPresenter SDI module for example based on the info on the web site only provides output via SDI and not input, so I'm not sure why you would be connecting outside sources unless just to test the unit...

Did you follow the set up instructions from Renewed Vision?

https://support.renewedvision.com/hc/en ... resenter-5

Frank Engel

PostFri Nov 08, 2019 3:36 pm

ProPresenter follow the default system audio output.

There is an old thread describing problems people were having with audio output to the UltraStudio that may be related: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=45530

A more recent thread: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=100367&p=564621&hilit=ultrastudio+audio#p564621

Based on those reports, if you are feeding the audio to a mixer somewhere you might want to consider using a separate audio interface to feed the sound from ProPresenter rather than relying on the UltraStudio for that.

Return to Live Production