Jib Recommendations for use with URSA Broadcast

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Linden deCarmo

Jib Recommendations for use with URSA Broadcast

PostFri Nov 08, 2019 4:01 am

We're planning on adding a jib to our configuration next year to operate an URSA Broadcast along with Fuji LA16x8BRM-XB1A lens. We currently have two URSA Broadcasts on stationary tripods.

Anyone have recommendations for jib that will work well with this combo? Anyone have experience using an URSA Broadcast w/a jib? If so, could you share your experiences?

Thanks.

pederdingo

Re: Jib Recommendations for use with URSA Broadcast

PostFri Nov 08, 2019 9:42 am

I don't think it's much different than any other broadcast camera you would use on a jib.

But I would go with a wide angle instead of the 8mm.

IMG_0919.jpeg
IMG_0919.jpeg (966.54 KiB) Viewed 155 times

Xtreemtec

Re: Jib Recommendations for use with URSA Broadcast

PostSat Nov 09, 2019 12:16 pm

Defently go for a wide angle lens. A 5.2 or even 4.x would do a much better job.
Fuji HA 14x4.5 is a nice wideangle. But for crane ops. I would even go with a lens with Motorised zoom and focus. With the right head you can control them all from the remotes without adding loose servo motors and stuff.. ;)

Personally i use this one on our crane: Late SD Canon J11ex4.5BIASE With full motorised, Our Egripment Scanner head is able to control focus and zoom straight from the remote. And iris is handled by the camera. ;)
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 1M/E 4K, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Hyperdeck Studio Mini, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Return to Live Production