ATEM 1 M/E BROADCAST PANEL - Character Gen

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

LBelanger

ATEM 1 M/E BROADCAST PANEL - Character Gen

PostTue Jul 23, 2013 5:19 am

With this model, would it be possible to have an animation pop up as an overlay? For example, if we want to show an animated logo of a company in the corner over a live broadcast of our TV hosts, could we do that? If so, how?

Thank you,
Laura

Liam Kennedy

Re: ATEM 1 M/E BROADCAST PANEL - Character Gen

PostTue Jul 23, 2013 10:06 am

In the 1ME you have two clip stores. The number of frames available for each is limited depending on the video standard you are running in (it's basically a fixed memory inside the 1ME for the clip store). If you run in 1080i you can have 180 frames total - and 720p gives you 360 total. You can assign all of the frames to just one clip if you want.

You will need to create the video clips of the animated logo to conform to the video standard you will be using - and your software will need to output the video as a TGA still-image sequence with an alpha channel. The video should also loop of course (assuming you want to have the logo appear on-screen indefinitely).

Refer to the following pages in the manual to find out more about clips and the media pool
Page 29, 38, 42, 60, 61

You would basically configure the logo to come on with one of the keys - and configure the clip to loop.
ATEM 1/ME, TVS, Hyperdeck Studio, Fujitsu Lifebook NH751 USB3

Return to Live Production