Dell Precision T5810 Hangs w/Decklink 4k Extreme 12G

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Linden deCarmo

Dell Precision T5810 Hangs w/Decklink 4k Extreme 12G

PostThu Dec 26, 2019 3:45 am

Starting a new thread for this hang. We're trying to get a Decklink 4k Extreme 12G to work in our Dell Precision T5810.

Tried the Decklink 4k Extreme 12G on all available PCIe Gen 2 8 or 16 lane slots. None work. Box hangs when it boots prior to even getting into the BIOS and there are no POST errors to give hints as to what might be at fault. Anyone have a Decklink 4k Extreme working on a Dell? Does the Decklink 4k Extreme 12G need a beefier PSU than the default Dell PSU? Is it a requirement to plug in the additional power into the PSU input on the Decklink 4k Extreme 12G? Tried booting with or without the additional power input but that made no difference.

Haven't been able to locate a non-Dell machine that I could verify the card is fine, but I doubt the card is faulty. I know in the past there were issues with Dells and BlackMagic PCIe cards but the release notes don't have any warnings about using Dells. Longer term, we'll migrate away from a Dell to a Mac Pro but in the near term, need to get it to work on this Dell T5810.

Linden deCarmo

Re: Dell Precision T5810 Hangs w/Decklink 4k Extreme 12G

PostTue Jan 14, 2020 5:00 am

Card wasn't detected in a non-Dell machine. I got a new BlackMagic Decklink 4k Extreme 12G and it works fine in the T5810. Looks like I had a bad card.

Return to Live Production