ATEM Mini - change default picture in picture size

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Warren Evans

ATEM Mini - change default picture in picture size

PostFri Jan 10, 2020 9:23 pm

I acquired an ATEM Mini for testing as a live streaming solution for a dragstrip. Ideally, I would like the information from the timing system to reside in the lower right corner. I've figured out how to get the timing system data in on HDMI 1 and to position it in the right spot on-screen as a picture-in-picture. The issue is that the default size is too small to be useful. Is there a way to increase the size and to permanently set that in the ATEM Mini? I need this to be somewhat idiot-proof as it will be set up as an unattended solution.

Thanks in advance.

Warren

Gary Adams

Blackmagic Design

Re: ATEM Mini - change default picture in picture size

PostFri Jan 10, 2020 9:42 pm

Hello Warren. There is a fairly fool proof method of doing this. Enable the DVE. Size and position exactly where you want it using the ATEM software Control. In the ATEM Software File Menu, select "Save the Startup State". The DVE could be either on or off as you wish. When you power the Mini, the DVE will be in the same place you have placed it. You may turn it on and off on the panel with those keys. The only thing to be careful of is to not touch the 4 DVE preset buttons as this will alter your setting. You can also make a macro that positions the DVE as you like as well. This way it may be recalled using the software during a live setup without having to power cycle the mini. I hope this helps.

Regards, Gary
Gary Adams
Blackmagic Design

Warren Evans

Re: ATEM Mini - change default picture in picture size

PostSat Jan 11, 2020 8:53 pm

Gary - Thanks for the quick response. I tried this as you suggested and it works exactly as I would like. Thanks for the help!

Return to Live Production