Hyperdeck Studio Pro - Rec 23.98Psf but PB is 23.98P??

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Justin Edgerly

Hyperdeck Studio Pro - Rec 23.98Psf but PB is 23.98P??

PostWed Jul 31, 2013 5:15 pm

Hi,

I am using a Hyperdeck Studio Pro to record a line cut for instant playbacks. Feeding the Hyperdeck 1080Psf/23.98 and when in record/EE it outputs the correct format (the same) on all outputs. However when I stop and playback that file, I lose the output in my switcher. I have found that it is playing back 1080P/23.98 from all outputs... Is this a known problem? It makes the Hyperdeck unusable for me in this application. :( Thoughts??

J

Jonas Bengtson

Re: Hyperdeck Studio Pro - Rec 23.98Psf but PB is 23.98P??

PostThu Aug 01, 2013 5:56 pm

Split the output before going into the switcher.

Justin Edgerly

Re: Hyperdeck Studio Pro - Rec 23.98Psf but PB is 23.98P??

PostThu Aug 01, 2013 6:32 pm

I'm afraid a split/switch is not a practical solution for my application. The switcher is feeding the line cut all over stage. I would sooner look at a different Rec/Playback option. Is it too much to ask that a device play back the same format that it recorded? I just checked one of my older Hyperdeck Studios (non-Pro) and it behaves the same way. Sigh. In the interest of a possible workaround, can anyone suggest a budget friendly cross-converter to go from 23.98P to 23.98Psf? It is my understanding that the UpDownCross cannot output 23.98Psf... Looking at the MD-DUCC perhaps?

I would still like an affirmative "Sorry, that is just how it is" or "We are aware of it and it is at the top/middle/bottom of our priority list" from Blackmagic. I know they have come through many times in the past, even adding features never intended to be included! Whats the word BMD?

J

Return to Live Production