Software Downgrading - Battery HDMI-SDI Converter

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

ashbusr

Software Downgrading - Battery HDMI-SDI Converter

PostThu Aug 01, 2013 2:07 pm

I have a battery HDMI - SDI Converter. I upgraded the software last night to version 2.1. Now it will not work with my GoPro HERO2 camera. I would like to try going back to the old software. Is there a process to do that?

Dorytv

Re: Software Downgrading - Battery HDMI-SDI Converter

PostThu Aug 01, 2013 7:29 pm

I and sorry for my english, plug usb cable in to the battery hdmi converter unistall firmware after open blackmagic converter utility and install previous firmware setting go pro 720p 100fps.

acv57

Re: Software Downgrading - Battery HDMI-SDI Converter

PostFri Aug 02, 2013 3:20 am

I have read posts about using a Gopro hero 3 camera with a HDMI to HDSDI converter
and users having many problems
From my Test the Gopro HDMI output was 1080P( progressive ) @ 59.59 this format is supported on my HDMI input of my lcd TV
but is not a broadcast format and is incompatible with 1080 I ( interlaced) @ 59.59
I found the BM HDMI converter had no problem passing the 1080P signal
the problem was My production switcher did not like 1080 P
to fix this I sent the signal from the BM HDMI to HDSDI converter to a BM Teranex Frame sync ( HDSDI input) thus converting 1080P to 1080I making the signal fully compatible with My broadcast switcher

also I did observe if the camera was running at 720p / 120 frames the HDMI output was 720p
720p is also compatible with a broadcast switcher only problem is the camera is to dark and noisy and only usable in bright sun light

Return to Live Production