ATEM Mini HDMI Out to HDMI Splitter

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

connectlife

ATEM Mini HDMI Out to HDMI Splitter

PostMon Feb 10, 2020 8:12 pm

Is there any reason why the ATEM Mini HDMI output will not work with a HDMI splitter.

I have bought a cheap HDMI splitter (and this may be the problem) so that I can use the signal to send to a monitor and also then on to TV/Projector for use in church.

When I plug the monitor directly into the HDMI output on the ATEM Mini it works fine but when I try and use it via the splitter it no longer recognises the signal.

Any thoughts and has anyone successfully used a splitter and if so which one?

Tony Rivera

Blackmagic Design

Re: ATEM Mini HDMI Out to HDMI Splitter

PostFri Feb 14, 2020 4:18 pm

We do not do any testing with HDMI splitters in house but you might get some feedback from other users here on the limitations of the piece if you provide the brand and maybe even some suggestions from others.
Support: http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/support
Info: http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/company

Follow us on Instagram:
@blackmagicnewsofficial

Pawel Piotrowski

Re: ATEM Mini HDMI Out to HDMI Splitter

PostMon Feb 17, 2020 12:35 am

connectlife wrote:Is there any reason why the ATEM Mini HDMI output will not work with a HDMI splitter.

I have bought a cheap HDMI splitter (and this may be the problem) so that I can use the signal to send to a monitor and also then on to TV/Projector for use in church.

When I plug the monitor directly into the HDMI output on the ATEM Mini it works fine but when I try and use it via the splitter it no longer recognises the signal.

Any thoughts and has anyone successfully used a splitter and if so which one?

You need to buy better splitter. Your monitor and Projectof 'forcing' different HDMI modes, and in this case spitter sending wrong signal on one of the devices.
Cheers,
Pawel

Return to Live Production