Intensity Pro Capture from Matrox TripleHead2Go

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

scaryxpuppy

Intensity Pro Capture from Matrox TripleHead2Go

PostFri Aug 16, 2013 9:19 pm

Hi there,

I am currently using 2 x INTENSITY PRO cards on my MacPro system, running into VDMX5 which is VJ software.

I am trying to capture the feed from my MacBook Pro to use within VDMX

Standalone, as a single feed via my THUNDERBOLT-HDMI converter, all works fine and each input works.

The problem I have is when i want to use a Matrox TripleHead2Go card, running 2x1920x1080 as inputs to the 2 cards, so in theory I can "capture" a 3840x1080 image.

I can't seem to configure inputs at all to see the source signal on either card.

In my Mac display settings, my resolution is only shown as 3840x1080 and I can't adjust "I" or "P", whereas on SINGLE INPUT USE the options for "I" or "P" are there.

Scratching my head a bit on this one.

Any help gladly appreciated

PHIL

Adam Simmons

Re: Intensity Pro Capture from Matrox TripleHead2Go

PostSat Aug 17, 2013 6:11 am

It's probably the signal the Triplehead is giving out, if it doesn't meet any of the input standards for the Intensity pro then it's not going to work.
Assuming that the triplehead2go outputs correctly as 2 1920x1080 signals (which I wouldn't be certain of) what refresh rate are you then using . The fact that you can't change the interlaced/progressive setting implies it's progressive so your refresh rate would need to be 30 or less. The reason you get the options of I or P when connected directly is because the GPU sees those options returned from the BM card whereas when you insert the Triplehead2go it doesn't send those options through to the computer. I suspect that this is not going to work even if you can drop the refresh rate down
DVC Built Clevo P775DM3-G Laptop with UHD screen, 7700K CPU@4.9Ghz, Geforce GTX 1060 6GB GPU, G-Sync UHD screen, 500GB M.2 Primary, 1x 480GB SSD, 1x1TB M.2, 1x 2TB Video drives.
Building Bespoke Video Editing systems for over 16 years

scaryxpuppy

Re: Intensity Pro Capture from Matrox TripleHead2Go

PostSat Aug 17, 2013 7:03 am

Hmm

Guessed this might be so.

Is there are a way, or hardware, that can trick the Intensity Pro into receiving a valid signal?

Some kind of in-line solution ?

Hope someone can help ?

Thanks in advance

Phil

Return to Live Production