New user: Need help with setup

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

BcccSound

New user: Need help with setup

PostSun May 17, 2020 12:35 am

Hey folks. I've just picked up an ATEM Television Studio Pro HD and I've got some setup questions. I've paged through and read certain sections of the manual, but I can figure out how to replicate some of the things I had been (and still am, until I figure it out) doing in Wirecast.

(1) I have a side-by-side shot with a computer feed and a camera both feeds are resized and moved on the screen. I've figured out how to do one with DVE, but I can't figure out the second.

(2) I have a second one with cropped computer output overlaid on top of the camera almost like a dynamic bottom-thirds DSK but it is a live video input. It also has some transparency involved to make it look prettier.

I'm thinking I've come to the conclusion that I cannot do either of those things with this device, but I'm beginning to wonder if it can be done on any device in your ATEM line. I think (1) is possible with a 2 M/E using supersource, but I can't tell if I can replicate the transparency (Luna key would be fine, if possible) behavior in (2) using supersource.

Pictures for reference. (1) is on the right and (2) is left:

Any advice would be appreciated, especially if it's "upgrade to Xxx" or "you can't get there from here".

Thanks,
John.

Return to Live Production