Zoom doesn't see Atem Mini Pro video input

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

sunshy

Zoom doesn't see Atem Mini Pro video input

PostWed May 27, 2020 2:19 am

Solution: Plug Atem Mini Pro into a USB 2 port (not USB 3) for it to work on my system that has both USB 2 & 3 inputs. Otherwise, I would only get a gray screen. WTF?!

Got Atem Mini Pro all set up and running. Opened up Zoom 5.0.4 and cannot see Atem Mini as a video source. I see:

Blackmagic Design
Blackmagic WDM Capture
Decklink Video Capture

But none of these show the video playing out of my Program Video out (where I can see my camera feed). Atem control shows USB and Ethernet connected. Win device manager shows Atem Mini Pro installed correctly.

Any ideas? I'm using Win 10 Pro 64 Bit.

carlomacchiavello

Re: Zoom doesn't see Atem Mini Pro video input

PostWed May 27, 2020 10:58 am

usb 3.0, 3.1, 3.2?
usb 3.0 is mostly bug hardware spread on planet, many chip developers which never be agree to work together, often device usb 3 work with some port and not in other.
the truth behind... chip set of motherboard (win-mac) chipset of device, chipset of controller hd often fight together, and compatiblity is a matter of lucky. I had a motherboard with three different chipset, ones work fine with all device, (intel chip) others not allow me to use nas, hd, scanner, webcam.. after few seconds disconnected, or random after minutes.
Randomly between hwo may port use adn or connect at same times (if i bought a 600$ motherboard with 12 usb is to use them at same time, not to use two, three at time... )
not a matter of hardware defect, under linus all ports (os addressed) work fine.

that mean often with usb 3 you can find strange behavior. :-(

sunshy

Re: Zoom doesn't see Atem Mini Pro video input

PostThu May 28, 2020 1:33 am

Thanks for commiserating. Yes, often random problems with my USB3 inputs as well.

Return to Live Production