ATEM MINI PRO IN "PROTECTED-LIKE MODE"

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

PaulKabugi

ATEM MINI PRO IN "PROTECTED-LIKE MODE"

PostTue Jun 16, 2020 3:47 am

I purchased Atem Mini Pro last Saturday, I was able to test it and it worked. I woke up on Sunday (the following day), It could not turn on all the buttons, the only button that turned on was "Mic 1 On". I left it connected to power for about 1 hour, when I came back all the lights were on. I turned it off and turned it on again on Monday, the same problem persisted, now it doesn't light up,it can't even be detected by my computer as a webcam. I have not even used it :cry: :cry:
I have tried to unplug all cables exept the power Jack, but nothing is working

Every suggestion will be appreciated
Attachments
bmd.JPG
bmd.JPG (77.3 KiB) Viewed 1269 times

Denny Smith

Re: ATEM MINI PRO IN "PROTECTED-LIKE MODE"

PostTue Jun 16, 2020 9:23 pm

Contact BMD Support, you might have a bad power supply or issue with the ATEM Mini. I could not get the Min Pro to light up with the Suppled power supply cord, which worked at first, but it worked with smother 3amp BMD Power supply I had on hand.
Cheers
Denny Smith
SHA Productions

PaulKabugi

PostWed Jun 17, 2020 8:41 pm

Denny Smith wrote:Contact BMD Support, you might have a bad power supply or issue with the ATEM Mini. I could not get the Min Pro to light up with the Suppled power supply cord, which worked at first, but it worked with smother 3amp BMD Power supply I had on hand.
Cheers

Kindly help me understand the statement "...which worked at first..." Do you mean it failed after using it for some time?

Denny Smith

PostWed Jun 17, 2020 11:16 pm

I used it two or three times with the BMD provided power supply, then after a coup,Emory days of non use, I plugged it back in and no power. Connected a Micro Studio Camera power supply, same output specs, and the Mini Pro osiers right up. So yes, after only using it a short time, less than five hours, the power brick failed. This is not uncommon, and I keep spares around.

Contacted my retailer today for a replacement.
Last edited by Denny Smith on Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Denny Smith
SHA Productions

Gary Adams

Blackmagic Design

PostThu Jun 18, 2020 12:27 am

Hello Kabugi. This is called the "Recovery Mode" for the ATEM. At this point you should be able to connect a USB cable to the ATEM Mini and run the ATEM Setup Utility on the computer. You should be prompted for a firmware update at this time. Hopefully that will clear the problem.

Regards, Gary
Gary Adams
Blackmagic Design

PaulKabugi

PostThu Jun 18, 2020 4:03 am

Gary Adams wrote:Hello Kabugi. This is called the "Recovery Mode" for the ATEM. At this point you should be able to connect a USB cable to the ATEM Mini and run the ATEM Setup Utility on the computer. You should be prompted for a firmware update at this time. Hopefully that will clear the problem.

Regards, Gary

Hi Gary, thank you for being concerned, I have tried that out, but that didn’t solve the problem.

Doogiechap

PostWed Jun 24, 2020 6:15 am

Hi Gary,
I've got the same issue. Upgraded my brand new out of the box Atem Mini to 8.2.3 and am now stuck with 'Atem Mini - Recovery' as the Webcam Source (and intermittent connectivity).
There is no option for further firmware updates via Atem Setup.
When do you expect to have this issue resolved?
Regards
Doug

Return to Live Production