Hyperdeck Studio Pro -> problem synchro sound

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Wilfried

Hyperdeck Studio Pro -> problem synchro sound

PostWed Aug 28, 2013 9:58 am

Hello,

I've an ATEM 1 and and Hyperdeck Studio Pro, and I've a big problem with the synchro of the sound and the Image.

I've found the origin of the problem : When I connect an SDI or HDMI camera on the deck (directly for limited the interactions with other materials), the sound is correctly synchro. When I connect a mixer on the input of deck, (XLR or RCA), the sound is dysynchrone.

The solution will is a "audio retard line" include in the firmware on the Deck. Because all sounds arrive in theses externals inputs is dysynchrone of the video. I've could put this problem in light when I recorded a sound camera via ATEM 1 and I record the audio input of Atem 1 (out of the mixer), the sound is delayed.

HELP !!! Blackmagic ingeniers, It's urgent to correct this problem, because I've put many money in your solution, and I believe in your product.

If you have any solution thank's for your response.
Wilfried

Liam Kennedy

Re: Hyperdeck Studio Pro -> problem synchro sound

PostWed Aug 28, 2013 6:08 pm

That is as expected. The issue has nothing to do with the Hyperdeck Studio

If you are using any of the ATEM mixers there is a minimum of 1 frame delay if you have non-genlocked cameras (zero delay if they are genlocked). We all use external audio delay devices if that is important to us (I am streaming... and 1 frame delay in unnoticeable anyway).

So.. although this is NOT a bug..it does make mixing audio using embedded sources in the ATEM more of a challenge. It would be helpful if we could delay audio inside the ATEM.
ATEM 1/ME, TVS, Hyperdeck Studio, Fujitsu Lifebook NH751 USB3

Wilfried

PostWed Aug 28, 2013 8:40 pm

LOL...

My english is poor than my french... This is possible I not write well what I think. I know the delay of 2 frame with the atem but is not a problem because the sound is synchrone with the image. I use the atem 1 with no problem when I record on my macbook pro.

I test the Hyperdeck studio Pro in this condition : The Hyperdeck Studio Pro ALONE, with a camera HD SDI pro.

In this configuration, the sound (via SDI) is synchrone BUT... If I connect the same camera on the same SDI port, with the sound take on the externals inputs (XLR, RCA), the sound is dysynchrone...

There is a big problem with the Hyperdeck Studio Pro...

Raphaël Jacquot

PostThu Aug 29, 2013 6:16 am

get yourself some behringer sharks

http://www.thomann.de/fr/behringer_shark_fbq100.htm

Liam Kennedy

PostThu Aug 29, 2013 6:32 am

Wilfried wrote:In this configuration, the sound (via SDI) is synchrone BUT... If I connect the same camera on the same SDI port, with the sound take on the externals inputs (XLR, RCA), the sound is dysynchrone...

There is a big problem with the Hyperdeck Studio Pro...

Oh... yes. I did not realize you were saying it was the analog XLR audio input to the Hyperdeck that has things out of sync.

Where is that analog audio coming from? Can you be 100% certain THAT is not the problem? If it is coming from the camera direct... can you be certain the delay is not happening there?

I would be very surprised if this was a product issue - as I do not believe other Hyperdeck Pro users have noticed the same issue.

I have the Hyperdeck Studio (not pro)... so of course I am always recording using the embedded audio - which is always in sync.

Thomas Seewald

PostThu Aug 29, 2013 7:38 am

As I read Wilfrieds posts, I think there ist a problem of embedding analog audio to the digital signal. So a pure hyperdeck studio pro problem.

When audio comes before video, a behringer shark or other audio delay would help. But when audio comes after video, no audio delay would help. a "video-delay" would be necessary....
thos-berlin - Thomas S e e w a l d

Liam Kennedy

PostThu Aug 29, 2013 8:02 am

I don't think he is claiming the audio is after the video as he talks about the hyperdeck needing an "audio retardation" which I think means audio delay.

Wilfried

PostThu Aug 29, 2013 8:11 am

Many thank's for all of your responses.

I read you with many interest, I certainly follow your proposition and bought an audio delay. (Datavideo propose a product too but it's very expensive). The shark is ok, I would be thank all of us.

Wilfried

Return to Live Production