AMP ISO - connections incidence over workflow (ISO to BRAW)

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

LOICLEGLISE

AMP ISO - connections incidence over workflow (ISO to BRAW)

PostWed Aug 12, 2020 9:33 am

Hello all,

I just ordered an ATEM Mini Pro ISO but I have a doubt about the workflow :

I plan to use it with 3 BMPCC4K units for live theater or concerts. The ability of syncing ISO files to BRAW files in DVR later made me buy this product.
But, I won't be able to connect my BMPCC4K's to the Atem with regular HDMI cables because of the distances in concert or theatre rooms I will be filming in.

-I want to have access to CCU control with one of the cameras that will be used as large shot. I'm planning to use fiber HDMI cable, 30 or 50 meters.
I already saw a thread about it (viewtopic.php?f=4&t=111606) but it's not clear wether or not it works and which brands are reliable ? What type of protocol to look at in the specs ? ARC and/or CEC means it will be ok ?
Also, I have read that the heat of the ATEM could produce overheat and shut down on the built-in converter. Some of you have experienced it ?

-The 2 or 3 other cameras will be linked to the ATEM through HDMI/SDI converters or through HDMI/RJ45 extenders (any recommendations ?). For these, I don't care about CCU control because cameramen will control them. But, I assume these cameras won't be able to send timecode etc. to the ATEM.
>Do you know Will I still be able to link ISO files to cameras files even if I cannot press the "record in all cameras" button and have it work and if timecode/camera number are not transmitted through these others types of connections ?

Thank you for your help and advices !

Denny Smith

Re: AMP ISO - connections incidence over workflow (ISO to BR

PostWed Aug 12, 2020 6:54 pm

My guess is you need the time code reference and sync starting of all cameras. You can get the new HDMI Fiber/Copper cables that work up to 100 meters, and will carry T/C and CCU commands between csmera and ATEM. CCU commands is how Record button works.
Cheers
Denny Smith
SHA Productions

LOICLEGLISE

Re: AMP ISO - connections incidence over workflow (ISO to BR

PostThu Aug 13, 2020 8:51 am

Thank you Denny,

That is what I thought, but I was wondering which HDMI fiber/copper cables to chose specifically, because apparently, depending on the brands and protocols used, these might not work.

Return to Live Production