Mouse lag when computer is plugged into ATEM Mini Pro

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

James Harkness

PostWed Aug 12, 2020 2:40 pm

Hey so I have my macbook pro 16 inch plugged into a camera port on the AMP. Its running from TB3 - HDMI cord. Doing so causes my mouse to lag every 3 seconds. It just freezes for a moment. I don't think it happens to any video I play through quicktime for example. Not that I notice atleast, and definitely not in the audio playing from the video file. Just my mouse seems to lag. Any idea why this happens or how to fix it?

Jacob Nielsen

PostWed Aug 12, 2020 3:19 pm

Most likely an HDCP (copy protection) issue which is often happening with Macs. I had this problem connecting a brand new MBP 16” to my Atem TV Studio HD and had both mouth freezes and video playback freeze every 3 seconds. Solution is to just insert a cheap HDMI splitter between MBP and Atem which “strips” the HDCP from the video signal. Strange thing I didn’t have this problem with my old MBP 2012!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

James Harkness

Re: Mouse lag when computer is plugged into ATEM Mini Pro

PostThu Aug 13, 2020 11:32 pm

Jacob Nielsen wrote:Most likely an HDCP (copy protection) issue which is often happening with Macs. I had this problem connecting a brand new MBP 16” to my Atem TV Studio HD and had both mouth freezes and video playback freeze every 3 seconds. Solution is to just insert a cheap HDMI splitter between MBP and Atem which “strips” the HDCP from the video signal. Strange thing I didn’t have this problem with my old MBP 2012!

Its actually connected through the USB-C port in order to use the software with the program. An HDMI splitter wouldn't be of any use. It's not for the multi-view option.

James Harkness

PostFri Aug 14, 2020 1:39 am

James Harkness wrote:
Jacob Nielsen wrote:Most likely an HDCP (copy protection) issue which is often happening with Macs. I had this problem connecting a brand new MBP 16” to my Atem TV Studio HD and had both mouth freezes and video playback freeze every 3 seconds. Solution is to just insert a cheap HDMI splitter between MBP and Atem which “strips” the HDCP from the video signal. Strange thing I didn’t have this problem with my old MBP 2012!

Its actually connected through the USB-C port in order to use the software with the program. An HDMI splitter wouldn't be of any use. It's not for the multi-view option.

Ok I forgot that I was talking about having it run from the hdmi cord haha. Duh. Thanks that should help.

James Harkness

PostFri Aug 14, 2020 2:53 am

Can you recommend a splitter?

Jacob Nielsen

PostFri Aug 14, 2020 4:11 am

I just picked up a cheap 2 way splitter from my local PC store. I think they are all very similar.

Return to Live Production