ATEM Constellation AFV only works for Supersource 1?

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

ely105

ATEM Constellation AFV only works for Supersource 1?

PostTue Aug 25, 2020 8:34 pm

Hey Everyone,
With the Constellation ATEM I'm using both supersource inputs for 6 window and 7 window looks. (1080p59.94 standard setting) I wanted to use Audio Follow Video (AFV) on the Audio Mixer but it seems to only activate on inputs from Supersource 1. In the audio mixer they show the Red Tally light at the top correctly. But for the feeds on Supersource 2 they have the Yellow indicator on top but are not in the audio mix. Only if I change them from AFV to ON do they appear in the mix.

Anyone know if this is proper operation or am I missing anything? Would make life easier for me to use AFV instead of manually switching audio feeds.

Thanks,
Mark

Gary Adams

Blackmagic Design

Re: ATEM Constellation AFV only works for Supersource 1?

PostWed Aug 26, 2020 4:58 pm

Hello Mark. The Audio Follows Video will activate any source that is tallied On Air or has a red box around the video in the Multiview. If SS 2 is On Air, then those audios will be enabled if set to AFV. Note that On Air always means ME1 Program. So if the SS is on ME2 then ME2 must be selected through ME1 to be On Air. Hope that is clear. Stay safe.

Regards. Gary
Gary Adams
Blackmagic Design

ely105

PostWed Aug 26, 2020 8:03 pm

Thanks Gary,
I guess that explains it to some degree. I had enabled cascade on the Supersource Panel so I get all 6 windows at once onscreen from Program M/E 1, but not audio from those on SS2. I can choose SS1 or 2 on program M/E1 but may have to link to M/E2 to get all to be tallied on-air? I know this is a noob ATEM question.

Thanks,
Mark

Gary Adams

Blackmagic Design

PostWed Aug 26, 2020 8:44 pm

Hello Mark. You are indeed correct and I was unaware of that in particular. I will check in and see if that was intended. Sorry if I mislead anyone.

Regards, Gary
Gary Adams
Blackmagic Design

Return to Live Production