ATEM Mini Pro: Facebook Works but Not YouTube

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

John Demaree

ATEM Mini Pro: Facebook Works but Not YouTube

PostWed Aug 26, 2020 3:31 am

I just got my ATEM Mini Pro and have been testing it and learning all the ins and outs. I have been flabbergasted trying to connect it to YouTube. All I get is the Flashing "On Air" until the cache fills. Before you say I have no Internet. I then tried Facebook and it worked with no problems. In between I had checked and double checked the router and gateway info and was sure all was right. I could ping the mini from across the campus on a completely different leg out of the router.

So this seems to be a YouTube / Mini Pro issue for me. I reset the key on YouTube at least once. I then switched to my personal YouTube Account which I have used for streaming in the past. Same result. No matter what other settings I choose High/Medium/Low, or Primary/Secondary. I get the exact same response from the Mini Pro.

Facebook connects in under 3 seconds every time. Facebook health status says I'm sending 1920x1080 30 in case that matters. Internet Speed right now is about 10 DN and 10 UP Plenty to at least connect.

Return to Live Production