Controlling ATEM Mini via IP

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Mircea G

Controlling ATEM Mini via IP

PostSat Sep 19, 2020 12:08 am

Hello everyone,

I just bought an ATEM Mini (not Pro, not Pro ISO) and I'm trying to control it over IP.

However, I currently only have access to this horrible Wave 2 Router that my horrible ISP (Spectrum) is renting out to me for $5 a month (google Spectrum AC WiFi Router.)

Using this, I am unable to go into the Router control panel and change any of my IP settings.

Initially I couldn't believe it either, but this is apparently just not supported. You can download their app and change some things, but nowhere near the kind of advanced settings I'm trying to access.

(192.168.1.1 just gives me this basic info sheet - see attachment)
(yes, I've tried going to /admin and tweaking the address in other obvious ways)

As soon as I disconnect the ATEM from my USB port, it just says "Unable to launch ATEM Software Control / Please make sure your network settings are correct, and your switcher is properly connected to the network".

My question is:
Is there anything I can do to make it work or should I buy a new router?

Thank you and would appreciate an answer!
Attachments
router settings screenshot.png
router settings screenshot.png (19.73 KiB) Viewed 203 times

Rauder

Re: Controlling ATEM Mini via IP

PostMon Sep 21, 2020 3:52 pm

You should not need to change any router settings. Just be sure to use your pc to launch the Atem software and verify/change the Atem ‘Connect’ setting to DHCP and not Manual.

Return to Live Production