Need help with HDMI ethernet extensions to atem mini pro.

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

AhrenLanfor

Need help with HDMI ethernet extensions to atem mini pro.

PostTue Oct 06, 2020 11:41 pm

Hello, I have 2 scenarios running right now. One music venue I work at has 4 go pro cameras running HDMI micro to 4k 30hz Ethernet extenders 100ft cat6 cable into atem mini no problems. However I have another music venue running same setup except they have 4k 60hz Ethernet extenders 250ft cat7 cable to mini pro and I get no connection or a green screen. When I run the video direct to TV it works fine.

A weird thing I am experiencing also try using both models of the extenders together It sort of works. Running the 4k 60hz Ethernet 250ft cat7 cable to the 4k 30hz receiver I finally get a signal but only for HDMI input 1 on the switcher. the other inputs flicker or don't receive.

I need to get the go pros to transmit micro HDMI 25ft to an Ethernet extender via cat7 250ft to an Ethernet receiver then 25ft HDMI to the switcher asap. any help is appreciated.

the 4k 30hz extender is rated for cat6 and 7 up to 350ft. The 4k 60hz extender is rated cat7 up to 230 ft but doesn't work for the switcher still even at 50ft but works for the TV.

I am an audio person and slightly tech savvy in video etc but not that savvy.
System Information
Resolve Studio 17.3
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 18363)
System Model: X570 AORUS ULTRA
Nvidia RTX 3090
Memory: 65484MB RAM

philipt

Re: Need help with HDMI ethernet extensions to atem mini pro

PostTue Oct 13, 2020 1:31 am

Our GoPro setup is similar, but shorter distance (HDMI from GoPro to sending unit to either cat5 or cat6 to receiving unit to HDMI in mini pro).

I had to drop to 720p because 1080p wouldn’t give anything but black screen. As well, I shut off stabilization on GoPro, which caused a delay between audio and video.

I actually hit record on the GoPro to stop the intermittent dropout to the mini pro.

Check some of your other GoPro settings. It’s a trial and error thing with GoPro.

Return to Live Production