Hyper Deck not stopping at the end of clips.

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

isaacvarty

Hyper Deck not stopping at the end of clips.

PostTue Sep 10, 2013 3:30 pm

Hey,

I have a Hyper Deck setup for playback and I'm having issues with some of the video files not stopping at the end of the clip. Instead it just skips to the next video clip and automatically starts playing. Is this a file issue or a setting within the hyper deck?

Thanks!

timgregory

Re: Hyper Deck not stopping at the end of clips.

PostTue Sep 10, 2013 3:39 pm

Hi

This is what the Hyperdecks do.

I think there has been a few feature requests for different behaviour.

In the mean time we just add 5 seconds of black to the end of each video and a title frame at the start.

Tim

isaacvarty

PostTue Sep 10, 2013 3:43 pm

Or really? Ya it would be nice to have that as an option on the hyper deck.

Also, is there an option on the hyper deck to show the time remaining in a video clip?

Thanks for the reply!

JohnBengston

PostTue Sep 10, 2013 3:57 pm

You should find that setting the Hyperdeck to "Single Clip" mode, prevents it running onto the next clip, obviously if you don't want it to loop, ensure you turn loop off.

Hyperdeck 3.9 Manual PDF file - Page 57

You can maintain a list of clips and their lengths, and since 3.9 firmware allows you to pickup some feedback you can display an estimate of the time-remaining somewhere, (UMD on your stack for example), although obviously you need to factor in playback speed depending on your use case. If you are asking about different modes on the front panel, I don't think that is possible at the current time.

Cheers

John

timgregory

PostTue Sep 10, 2013 4:08 pm

Hi John,

Once this is set via command line does the Hyperdeck keep this behaviour even when rebooted?

Tim

JohnBengston

PostTue Sep 10, 2013 4:19 pm

Not sure, I don't think so, but we are still performing exhaustive testing of Hyperdecks, but I'm not really working on this today so can't get to the device physically to test it until this evening, or tomorrow.

The reason I doubt it, is because the "Single Clip" and "Loop mode" and "Playback speed" properties are passed along with the PLAY command. So I maintain the user preferences myself, and then when the user executes a PLAY, I always PLAY with respect to the User Properties.

I think the question you are asking is once you've played once this way, what happens when you hit the play button on the front panel. Does it remember the last set of preferences? It might do, as I believe on 3.8 I informally tested this with the Loop property, but you'd need to check it for yourself, or wait until tomorrow, and if no-one else has posted I'll have a test and update this thread.

Regards

John

timgregory

PostTue Sep 10, 2013 4:24 pm

Hi John,

No rush to test this!

I can check myself at the weekend but haven't had the motivation to wire network cables to my Hyperdecks until now.

Tim

JohnBengston

PostTue Sep 10, 2013 4:27 pm

In my opinion: Definitely worth the cost of Cat5 cable since firmware 3.9.

Return to Live Production