Processing switch on mini converters

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Kent Krause

Processing switch on mini converters

PostTue Sep 25, 2012 9:39 am

Can anyone tell me what the processing switch does on either the Analog to SDI converter or on the UpDownCross converter.

I have seen the post about the SDI to Analog so I can only guess that it has a similar toggle function. A list of all modes would be nice.

Thanks,
Kent

Scott B

Re: Processing switch on mini converters

PostFri Sep 28, 2012 6:58 am

i believe it is the aspect ratio. I use both analog to SDI and SDI to analog converters. I use a LiveU cellular video transmitter to send live sports over cell networks in full HD and then use a SDI to analog converter to down convert it to letter box composite video. The processing switch will cycle through stretch, letter box and side cut, not sure which order they are in. But should be pretty obvious if you flip the switch.

Sarah Jones

Blackmagic Design

PostFri Sep 28, 2012 6:27 pm

Scott is correct in regards to the SDI to Analog Mini Converter. The processing dipswitch will allow you to turn on the HD downconversion and toggle through letterbox, anamorphic, and center cut options.

For the Analog to SDI Mini Converter, because there is no downconversion option available, the processing switch currently does nothing for this Mini Converter. For the UpDownCross, if you turn processing off, your signal passes through as is, but if you turn the processing switch on, your video format will get converted according to whatever other dipswitch settings you have applied for your desired conversion.

For any of our other Mini Converters, if a format conversion is supported, the processing dipswitch is where you will turn this conversion on or off.

Hope this clarifies things.
Sarah Jones

Blackmagic Design

Kent Krause

PostTue Oct 02, 2012 11:26 am

Thanks for that. My curiosity has been satisfied.

Kent

Return to Live Production