ATEM Mini - Microphone Inputs for Audio

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

George Langley

ATEM Mini - Microphone Inputs for Audio

PostTue Nov 17, 2020 12:17 am

Hi all. Just trying to collate the various forum threads and what the manual and website say (or don't say).
Please confirm which if any of the following are true:

Microphone 1 and 2 inputs on the ATEM Mini are unbalanced 3.5mm stereo inputs.

WITHOUT THE CONTROL SOFTWARE, the inputs are set to -60dbv microphone input, and I can directly plug in a microphone (such as my Apex 570).

Again, without the control software, I need a DI Box to reduce the signal strength from a line-level output device (ie. a CD Player, a computer, an iPhone/iPad, etc.). And that would need to be a two-channel box to maintain stereo.

The Up/Down Arrow buttons on the Mini are strictly volume/fader levels, and not gain.

IN THE SOFTWARE, you can switch the microphone inputs between a -60dbv microphone input and a -10dbv line input, so you would not need a DI Box. (But then you would always need to use the software, as you can't set it permanently in the box.)

Thanks.

tpchmara

Re: ATEM Mini - Microphone Inputs for Audio

PostWed Nov 18, 2020 2:54 am

Hi, George!
Are you sure the ATEM Mini doesn't preserve the level selection for the inputs? It does for the ATEM Mini Pro: I set it a month ago, over many power cycles and tossing it into a box - and it always runs at line level when I plug it back in.

Tom

Gary Adams

Blackmagic Design

Re: ATEM Mini - Microphone Inputs for Audio

PostWed Nov 18, 2020 3:48 am

A quick note about All ATEM Mini switchers. There is a menu setting called Save the Startup State. With the exception of camera settings you can put the switcher in any mode that you want upon power up. When you save the state wait 20 seconds or more before power cycling. Note with the latest firmware on the Pro models the media is also preserved. Stay safe.

Regards. Gary.
Gary Adams
Blackmagic Design

Return to Live Production