Atem 1 M/E SD Out Not Working

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Chriswalsh

Atem 1 M/E SD Out Not Working

PostSun Sep 15, 2013 11:28 am

Hello,

I work for a school and run the news team program. Last year we used the SD out for a check monitor in our news room. It worked fine all last year. Fast forward to a week ago when we fired the unit up for the first time after summer break now I get nothing on my SD output. I've tried the following, swapping cables to a known good one, adjusting the AUX out (iirc AUX 3 controls the SD out signal), and I rolled the software back from the current version to version 3.4. None of these have provided me with a fix. The unit was unplugged all summer and never moved. I've searched the forum and atemuser.org, and have found a few threads but none of the suggestions were of any help. The only thing I've noticed is when I hook up a short (under 6 feet) cable from the SD out to a projector I get a black screen, like its trying to pass signal.

I am out of warranty now and sending it back right now is not an option (the SD out is not a requirement, but it sure was handy). I just don't understand what would cause it to fail if it hadn't been touched all summer. I'm really starting to lose faith in the BMD product line.

So, if anyone has any suggestions I'd really appreciate it.

mlorenzo

Re: Atem 1 M/E SD Out Not Working

PostMon Sep 16, 2013 8:57 pm

Hello.
In our ATEM1 stopped working several outputs: HD SDI OUT, ​​HDMI OUT, ​​and VIDEO OUT SD.
She was sent to an unofficial service and the cost of the repair was U $ S 700.
The cause of the problem according to the service was a problem of land in any equipment connected to atem1.
good luck
Martin Lorenzo.
Videosoft - Uruguay

Xtreemtec

PostWed Sep 18, 2013 8:15 am

@chriswalsh. You say you did roll back to Firmware 3.4? Please upgrade your mixer to the latest firmware 4.1.1

3.4 was know for killing the SD-SDI and SD Composite outputs.. It was a bug in that firmware version!!
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Chriswalsh

PostSat Sep 21, 2013 12:00 am

Thanks for the feedback guys. I've tried the current firmware which is why I tried rolling back to the older stuff. Kinda at a loss here as it's been sitting for over two months and nothing was touched during that time.

I'll try putting the current firmware on it Monday and report back.

It just stinks that I can't send it in for repair until May of 2014 at the earliest as I use it everyday.

Tony Esposito

PostSat Dec 28, 2013 6:24 pm

Are you saying you turned your Aux 3 out to put out an SD version? If so how did you do that? I use the one for different things also and would like another without having to set up a DA.

Return to Live Production