Issues after reinstalling 3.1 update

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

dinmontoya

Issues after reinstalling 3.1 update

PostMon Oct 01, 2012 7:02 pm

Because of all the issues of the las update 3.3 software for ATEM 1 I went back to 3.1 and again was able to use my computers and scan converters. But I found out that my HDMI input (1) does not work anymore, however the analog component in does work.

Also every now and then I turn on my panel and switcher ATEM 1 M/E some of my inputs (usually two and the SDI ones) appear with some interference or noise noise, I have to re-star the panel and switcher to get rid of them.

Other thing that notice but this since the first time I used it, is that the analog SD out and SDI SD look a bit soft, is this normal???

Have I just got a bad unit or am I doing something wrong???

I appreciate your coments cheers!!!

Joshua Helling

Blackmagic Design

Re: Issues after reinstalling 3.1 update

PostMon Oct 15, 2012 11:29 pm

I would not expect to see the issues with the SDI inputs. HDMI can have some handshaking issues with some sources that might require a reboot. But this is not that situation.

Anyways, the next version of the drivers to come out should add back the 60hz options plus give the additional stability improvements offered over 3.1.

As for the down converted output, I think it sounds normal, but its a bit in the eye of the beholder.

I'm not sure i'd call this a bad unit just yet. I'd want to see how it behaves after the next update.
Joshua Helling

Director of World Wide Support
Blackmagic Design Inc.

Return to Live Production