Hyperdeck Studio - SSD Drive Bays Dead

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

chadewalters

Hyperdeck Studio - SSD Drive Bays Dead

PostTue Oct 02, 2012 3:47 pm

I'm having an issue with two of my Blackmagic Hyperdeck Studio recorders. Neither of the units are recognizing when a drive has been inserted, in either slot. None of the usual lights are coming on, red or green. And in the upper right hand corner of the display, I'm only getting a "no drive" status indication. I am able to see video on the input. Its just the drive slots that appear to have died.

Is there a way to do a hard reset or re-flash the firmware to get these working again?

mdwalleman

Re: Hyperdeck Studio - SSD Drive Bays Dead

PostTue Oct 02, 2012 11:59 pm

Just covering the basic/stupid questions first: Were the same drives working before? Have you tried a brand new drive? You are of course using a SSD that is listed on the compatible SSD list and not a standard plate HDD, correct?
Mark D. Walleman

jason sach

PostWed Oct 03, 2012 11:22 am

and you have formatted them in the right system (mac extended)
www.tffmedia.com
www.valleyvision.com.au

chadewalters

PostThu Oct 04, 2012 6:13 pm

We were using known drives, which had worked before. And, yes, they were formatted HFS+.

So, after speaking with Blackmagic, they decided the best course of action was to RMA the units. They weren't sure why this had happened, and apparently had never seen this happen before. Hopefully, it doesn't happen again.

Just want to say that the people at Blackmagic were great to deal with. They really stepped up to help figure out the problem! I will post if I find out what actually happened.

Return to Live Production