H.265 ProRec problems with Log&Capture in Express

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

freek

H.265 ProRec problems with Log&Capture in Express

PostWed Oct 03, 2012 5:51 pm

Hi,

When i select the tab Log and Capture, the images on the screen freezes after 2 sec and then every other 2 sec again.
Also, when i select the tab, the audio gets a weird kind of feedback signal. Not good.

Anyone got an idea what it is?

System:
Win XP

Richard Freemantle

Re: H.265 ProRec problems with Log&Capture in Express

PostThu Oct 04, 2012 2:42 pm

If you can't get it working, try MX Light http://mxlight.co.uk/ as an alternative. This should work on XP. I havent tested the latest version (1.5.1) on XP but the older versions worked fine. It uses less CPU than Media Express, which could be a source of your issues.
MX Light developer
www.mxlight.co.uk

freek

PostFri Oct 05, 2012 2:35 pm

Thanks for your suggestion. I will try it!
But we have another pc that is a lot slower then this one and there it is working fine...

Could it be a cable problem? We have a cable that is 10 meters long... could that causes the/a problem on the signal?

freek

PostTue Oct 16, 2012 8:31 am

Richard Freemantle wrote:If you can't get it working, try MX Light http://mxlight.co.uk/ as an alternative. This should work on XP. I havent tested the latest version (1.5.1) on XP but the older versions worked fine. It uses less CPU than Media Express, which could be a source of your issues.

Hi Richard, thanks for the suggestion, the program works. But we're using this in a work situation where there's no budget for things we don't really need (you know :) )
So, seeing that MX-light works makes me think this is a pure software problem. Does anyone have any more suggestion what could cause a 2 second freeze every couple of seconds? By the way, I did a dpc latency check and I don't see any related peaks: it's always around 20, which is very good.

freek

PostTue Oct 16, 2012 12:03 pm

It tunred out to be solved when I enabled the HPET in windows... now everything is working flawless!

Return to Live Production