How does the HyperDeck Shuttle work? 3 questions.

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

memento03

How does the HyperDeck Shuttle work? 3 questions.

PostThu Nov 07, 2013 12:47 am

Hello,

I am having a hard time trying to figure out how the Shuttle SSD setup deal works here. So I plug the HDMI out to the HDMI in of the shuttle from the camera. Here is where I am getting confused:

1. So since the video being captured by the camcorder (with the camcorder not actively recording) is being sent to the shuttle, I just push the record button on the shuttle itself (not the camcorder) to record the video...correct?

2. With the HDMI out or SDI out available, does this mean that I can then connect a TV or Monitor using the HDMI or SDI out while recording (using the shuttle) to view what is being recorded? (so obviously while not recording using the shuttle I'll be able to see on the monitor/TV what is being captured by the camera?)

3. While the video being captured (not recorded) by the camcorder is being recorded on the Shuttle SSD, I can also have the HDMI out or SDI out connected to one of the BlackMagic Decklink cards on my computer, and thus use Wirecast to record from that feed too? (so Shuttle SSD has a recording and the computer has a recording?)

An answer to each of these three questions will greatly assist me in my budgeting for purchasing these products. And, if you could answer this too, is this the same concept (generally speaking) with the Hyperdeck Studio pro that it records to the SSD's without the camcorder itself being set to record? I guess the wrap around here is to understand that the Camcorder is not what is doing the recording and then sending that out to the HyperDeck hardware, but it is the HyperDeck Hardware itself that is doing the recording?

Thanks a million, and you guys do make some awesome stuff!

R2Mark

Re: How does the HyperDeck Shuttle work? 3 questions.

PostThu Nov 07, 2013 2:30 pm

I can answer 1 and 2 with a certain "yes". I don't have any experience with your third question, but it seems logical.

memento03

PostThu Nov 07, 2013 3:42 pm

R2Mark wrote:I can answer 1 and 2 with a certain "yes". I don't have any experience with your third question, but it seems logical.

Thanks for the simple confirmation of the first two questions, haha. I appreciate it. Now to get the answer to that 3rd one. Thanks again dude!

-respectfully,

Will

Mike Squires

PostThu Nov 07, 2013 4:17 pm

The answer to #3 is yes. The HDMI and HD-SDI output on the Shuttle is a simple loop-thru while recording.

memento03

PostThu Nov 07, 2013 4:38 pm

Mike Squires wrote:The answer to #3 is yes. The HDMI and HD-SDI output on the Shuttle is a simple loop-thru while recording.

Alright, outstanding. Thanks! That makes for a tremendous help.

Return to Live Production