Atem 1 M/E, Intensity Extreme and Mac

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Marcello Franco

Atem 1 M/E, Intensity Extreme and Mac

PostWed Nov 13, 2013 12:48 pm

Hello eveyone im new in the forums i have some issues i hope you gurus can give me a hand whit.

I recently purchased a Atem 1 M/E (wanted the 4k version but still dint had in stores =( ) and i purchased one of the new models of mac mini to run this whit. (i previously had a Atem Television Studio btw).

Anyways when i did the installation i was surprised that Media Express wasnt recognizing the 1 M/E switcher and i was starting to go a little crazy, i cheeked all and then i notice that the switcher Usb output reads USB 3, so i was hmmm, i verified and my new mac mini has USB 3.0 Ports but still dint work.

i did a little reasearch and read somewhere some ppl saying that Blackmagic is working on some drivers or something because their switchers do not recognize Usb 3 from mac so i was sorta screwd, then i remember i have a intensity extreme capture devide so i went and installed and voila i could capture directly from the software or from media express.

Then i notice the size of the files was insane, like 300gbs for 6 mins and thats just too much, i cheeked the options and notice can only have quicktime mov and uncompress format on both switcher software and media express and i just cant work whit so huge files.

I went ahead and download and install Divx codecs hoping that wold give me some other video file formats to capture but nothing is, so im hoping anyone can help me and tell me what can i install to be able to capture in other format that is smaller or if possible a way to get h.264 mp4 like television studio, or maybe the drivers to get mac usb 3 to work whit the switcher since this switcher is actually old i tough that wold be out by now or something.

Anyways i need halp!!!! pretty pls!!!!!

Thank you.

Return to Live Production