Best value recording option

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

friendschurch

Best value recording option

PostTue Dec 10, 2013 11:45 pm

I am live streaming using my awesome TVS. If I want to record the program for archival purposes which is the best value option?

Pavel Lavrov

Re: Best value recording option

PostWed Dec 11, 2013 4:18 am

I will tell you one thing. Don't get h.264 Pro recorder for that. Save yourself a lot of head ache... and time reading this forum about all the issues it has. (talking from experience. And yes I do own one...)

Ok, so what would I get? I would get stand alone recorder depending on your budget and features needed it would vary from hyperdeck shuttle 2 to Ninja 2 or even Samurai Blade. But if you want to go even lower then look into getting Blackmagic Design DeckLink Mini Recorder or Blackmagic Design UltraStudio Mini Recorder Capture Device, if you have a mac and thunderbolt port, and use it with free software to encode it to what ever format you want in real time.
Pavel L

Brian Hancock

Re: Best value recording option

PostWed Dec 11, 2013 2:30 pm

friendschurch wrote:I am live streaming using my awesome TVS. If I want to record the program for archival purposes which is the best value option?

a usb cable ... record the .h264 from the TVS there are a number of programs you can check the forum for those options but last i was reading i think bmd has finally sorted out the record issues within media express ??

Return to Live Production