Killerfeature ahead!

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

Chantall

Killerfeature ahead!

PostFri Dec 13, 2013 9:15 pm

Atem-HyperDeckStudio Integration

Wouldn't it be awesome to integrate into Atem Mixer control panel a direct Clipaccess ( via Ethernet) from the HyperDeck Studios, and when its cut to Air its starts playing,
I think everything is already there, but not "melt" together.

What do you think?

Sorry, Macro Software Developers....

JohnBengston

Re: Killerfeature ahead!

PostFri Dec 13, 2013 9:29 pm

It's already there, you can do it for free see:

http://www.atemuser.com/forums/atem-vis ... mment-8901

Perhaps you could collaborate with the original poster of the linked thread to flesh out your specification, as Play when HyperDeck cut to air, is probably overly simplistic, but if thats what you want, the above will work. And it'll work fine if you cut from an ATEM panel or software, or XKeys or MIDI or DMX or a GVG Panel Baz modified for you, or a Panel you bought from Shaarhoj?

Is it really fair to put it all on BMD to build every little feature users may need?

Is that not why they released a fully featured SDK, so that simply things like this can be implemented by the user.

Chantall

PostFri Dec 13, 2013 10:12 pm

Hi John,

thx for your input. I know your cool stuff. I like it.
But I think those direct product-to-product integration from the vendor could should benefit from their deeper knowledge of their internals...

Your genious has to reverse all that ... and sudden protocol changes are trouble source number one today...

I saw the other software called "controlIt" which looks good as well..

But I think that basic clipcontrol of HyperDeck in Atem is not giving FPGA resources away, and its easy to place in the control menu.

Cheers,
Gunter.

JohnBengston

PostFri Dec 13, 2013 10:42 pm

You may get your wish, BMD often do things that surprise many. And since VDCP RS422 port has been on the ATEM since the start, and a greyed out option in the Software for as long as I can remember, it's definitely on some list somewhere at BMD. But a killer feature. I don't think so, it's pretty standard stuff to have machine control ports that do things like "roll VT" to use an old-school phrase.

I assure you I reverse NOTHING to make JustMacros, I'm using the official Black Magic Design SDK, so when they update their protocol, (since version 3.5) the SDK is also updated, as the BMD software uses the exact same interfaces as JustMacros, and always has.

Perhaps they hold back a few tiny things, and do a couple of things differently, but I know of only one, and they really shouldn't, as that attitude is dumb, and pointless, especially since they struggle a little with standard programming practices, like not reusing Globally Unique IDs. I'd assume they's need to concentrate on doing what they do properly, rather than trying to annoy their own customers by hiding APIs.

I've also seen the ControlIT videos on Youtube, and wish them much success, but this means you basically have multiple choices now, and MAYBE BMD will add a third in the future.

Since you see this as killer feature, you should be very happy!

Chantall

PostFri Dec 13, 2013 11:03 pm

I agree with you.

Return to Live Production