ATEM 2/ME Video Delay

Questions about ATEM Switchers, Camera Converter and everything live!
  • Author

JeffKoch

ATEM 2/ME Video Delay

PostSat Oct 13, 2012 1:20 am

I recently had to change my switcher setting to 1080i59.994 and have noticed a 3 frame delay in the video since the switch. When my settings were at 720P59.994 there wasn't a noticeable delay. The 3 frames is very noticeable.

Is there something I should check/replace in my setup? I'm using three Panasonic AC160a cameras with SDI output. Could it be length of cable? (25ft) Quality of cable? The delay is somewhat noticeable in my live broadcasts and is increasing my post-edit time quite a bit. (Syncing audio in addition to having to adjust the vertical position of my Pro Recorder recordings by 4 pixels - to eliminate the black bar at the bottom of its recorded 1920x1088 video - is now officially a pain.

Thanks!

Joshua Helling

Blackmagic Design

Re: ATEM 2/ME Video Delay

PostFri Oct 19, 2012 6:37 pm

The delay is possible depending on what you are doing in the switcher and whether or not the framesyncs are turn on in the device. If you are embedding audio you can use an audio delay device (or a mixer that does it), or you can use the audio from one of the sources themselves which should keep the audio in time.

I'm looking at the file you've sent me now, and it shows up as 1920x1080 just the way it should. But that's a topic for your other post.
Joshua Helling

Director of World Wide Support
Blackmagic Design Inc.

Return to Live Production